Horizontal lines from file

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Horizontal lines from file

Postby tgassmann » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:41 pm

Hello,

I like this indicator a lot. I was wondering if there is a way to reload the file when ever it changes. Or reload when a chart becomes active.

Thanks
tgassmann
tgassmann

Postby Apprentice » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:08 am

Any changes will be registered.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby pakoromeu » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:27 am

Hi I need some help. I updated my platform to 01.14.101415 version and this indicator show me this error
error.PNG

I try with the example file HLSample but same error appears
indiWindows.PNG

This are my others indicators, I don't know if I need one else. SR.lua indicator show same error
othersIndi.PNG

Thanks in advance
pakoromeu

Postby Victor.Tereschenko » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:58 am

pakoromeu wrote:Hi I need some help. I updated my platform to 01.14.101415 version and this indicator show me this error...

This indicator uses function which doesn't supported in current version of Indicore 3 (file:lines()). Support of this function will be added in the next release.
“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” (c) Ernest Hemingway
Victor.Tereschenko
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby artiti » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:10 am

Hi all,

After reading that : fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2178&hilit=spread&start=60

I modified the .lua file.

It's working out for me :D but please don't ask me any upgrades. I don't know lua but I'm a copy'n'paste expert :lol:
Attachments
DrawHorizontalLinesV3.lua
(4.44 KiB) Downloaded 795 times
artiti

Postby pakoromeu » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:00 pm

Thank you :D Work fine for me. I needed the indicator
pakoromeu

Postby wirehear » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Could I please get help on how to fill out the CSV sheet? The layout is:

[Price] [R] [G] [B] [Style] [Size] [Name], where
Price - price of line,

What is the difference between the first "[Price]" and the "Price - price of line"?

I am trying to draw horizontal solid lines at 00 levels and dashed lines at 50 levels. How would I do that in the CSV file?

Thanks in advance.
wirehear

Postby mihaitintea » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi

Since I also wanted for a sooo long time to draw horizontal lines at the levels where there was Internet gossip that orders were clustered (read: where ForexLive says there are :), I inspired myself from this website - much respect and hat off to all developers here ! - and I created my version for this indicator. The main differences from versions 1,2 and 3 already published in this topic are:

a) the input data for the orders is in a file named "fxorders.txt" stored in a subfolder under Candleworks installation directory tree (e.g., "C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2\persistent\fxorders.txt"). Feel free to modify this indicator to have the input file provided via a File parameter.

b) the format of the input file is csv and the structure is:
instrument, order type, start date, price
where:
instrument = name of the instrument as returned by source:name() (e.g., EUR/USD)
order type = SELL or BUY
start date = format MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM, in GMT timezone
price = the price of that order

c) the indicator draws horizontal lines from the starting point=the moment when the orders were published on the Internet, to the ending point=either the moment when the price hit that order, or up to the current moment if the price didn't hit the order yet. This is the main reason I developed this version, I am too lazy to manually draw and delete lines in Marketscope. Of course, the next challenge would be to update that fxorders.txt file live from Internet.

d) the orders older than X days are not drawn any more (see the input parameters of the indicator)

e) To use this version of the horizontal lines indicator with the latest official release of Trading Station (i.e., 01.14.112415), you must hack the Indicore I/O libraries which have to do with the "io" object, that is, apply the indicore-hotfix-TS01.14.112415-020916.zip file mentioned by Mr. Alexey Pechurin on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:13 pm at the following forum post:
http://fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.ph ... l&start=70
That workaround was awesome, by the way.

f) You can put in the fxorders.txt file market orders or option expiries. The thing with these option expiries is that they usually expire (hence their name) at some regular hours daily (e.g., 10am EST), but you could bet that even after that hour there may be some orders clustered at the levels where the options were.

Attached: a sample fxorders.txt file which I've successfully tested, and the screenshot of the results.

fxorders.txt
a sample fxorders.txt file which I've successfully tested
(675 Bytes) Downloaded 729 times

Capture.JPG
the screenshot of the results

Feel free to modify this version at your will. Enjoy !
mihaitintea

Postby mihaitintea » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi

Forgot to attach the indicator itself (related to the post with the fxorders.txt input file)

Sorry. I attached it just now.

Best regards
Mihai
mihaitintea

Postby mihaitintea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:47 am

Hi

OK now I got the final version of my version of the horizontal lines drawing indicator. This last version has more versatile and it works like this:
- create a text file <your_Program_Files>\Candleworks\FXTS2\persistent\fxorders.txt as in the following example:
# There are 4 fields on each line, separated with comma (,)
# the format of the date is MM/DD/YYYY HH:mm
# the list of prices must be separated with a slash (/) or with a space
# the second field must be BUY, SELL or OPT (for option expiries)
# comments are prefixed with "#"
# orders feb10
EUR/USD,SELL,02/10/2016 08:45,1.1285/1.1300/1.1320/1.1350/1.1375/1.1380/1.1400
EUR/USD,BUY,02/10/2016 08:45,1.1250/1.1235/1.1220/1.1200/1.1185/1.1165
# options Feb.12
EUR/USD,OPT,02/12/2016 10:55,1.1000 1.1100 1.1140 1.1200 1.1225

- import the indicator (remove the previous version of it, if necessary)
horizlinesorders.lua
(20.09 KiB) Downloaded 753 times

- Choose the parameters for the indicator as shown in their description on screen.

Hope this version is more helpful.

Regards
Mihai
mihaitintea

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators