Trading Session Hours

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Trading Session Hours for Aug 27, 10 Trading Station Release

Postby Apprentice » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:18 am

I have test this one.
But they can not replicate your problem.
Moožeš you give me more information.
And or, send me crash report.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby nazaar » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:37 am

Hello,

Since I learned about this indicator I have been using it. I like how the user has many options of how to use, what to display, from the indicator. The best tools are the ones with more flexibility as we all have different setting preferences. :D

For me, I am interested in the period (especially on higher time lines) and session highs and lows. With trading session hours I only display the session high and low--excellent tool!. However, it only work on 1 hour charts or less and it takes a while to load (which is ok).

If I may request 1 additional field to the indicator--time divider. I would like to have a horizontal line placed at a user specified hour. The horizontal line would then generate for the past and into the future at the hour chosen. Ideally, a time divider indicator may be more useful on its own.

At present I do this manually and it is very time consuming when having to do it for each pair and each time line. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8605&p=19065#p19065

thank you.
nazaar
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby philipphilip » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:25 am

Hi Apprentice,

Is there any way of allowing the different inputs for the different time zones. i.e. be able to customise the time zones?

It looks great otherwise.
philipphilip

Postby sdcasper » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:19 pm

is there a release for the extended sessions option. would like to see the new york session as im trading it extended out to its close and too see what current session is approaching.
sdcasper

Postby LordTwig » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:30 am

Hi there,
mihaitintea wrote:Can it be modified so the last active rectangles (the current active sessions, that is) are extended in the future to the point where these active sessions will end ?

Yeah I second that idea.

As London just seems to creep in un-noticed with a bang, so would be good to be forwarned of end of one session and start of another.
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby nazaar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Hello,

the tradesession tool is very informative and useful as it allows the user to choose many different display options while gives a good indication for market sentiment and directional bias flows.

At present horizontal lines are drawn at the session highs and lows for the given trading session.

I would like to request a 3rd horizontal line be drawn from the period opening price.

Thanks in advance!
nazaar

Postby rtsayers » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Just wondering when you will be finished this indicator along with the fibs level indicator???? These are the two best indicator by far!!Thanks and I would love to be able to stop using the MT4 platform for these 2 very awesome indicators!!
rtsayers

Postby isimek » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 am

Dear friends
the indicator looks still better and better, thanks. I would highly appreciate to have an option to set another session beginning and end hours. It looks to me as very important as far as a lot of events at market is derived from the hours when the stock markets are open for public. E.g. this setup is very important (it is used by TPO chart traders a lot):
London: 3:00 - 9:30 EDT
NY: 9:30 - 16:30 or 17:00 EDT
Asia: 17:00 - 3:00 next day EDT
I was trying to edit the launch parameters in new_york = CreateSession(9.5, 7.5,...)
It works well until the first bar of the session is the high (may be the same for low) of the session. In that case the indicator marks the session high improperly (see the snapshot).
Would it be possible to justify the indicator to handle the hours fractions? It would be quite enough for most of people, because editing the CreateSession input parameters manually is simple.
The session times selection from the menu would be superior of course :-)
Many thanks
Ivo
Attachments
Improper_session_beginning.png
isimek

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators