VQz indicator

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: VQz indicator

Postby biggiesmalls » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 pm

I have posted images of the VQZI indicator and the original MT4 version and the whole .lua version seems to be incorrect. As you can see in the images I have posted 2 charts of the EUR/USD daily. One from FXCM market scope and one from a demo FXCM metatrader 4 account. I applied the volatility quality index indicator on both platforms using the exact same settings which I showed in both images. As you can see, their results are not the same or slightly similar. They're just off completely.

So there are two issues:

1) The indicators do not match; ergo the translated (.lua) version is incorrect.

2) The original MT4 version of the indicator has a true mtf function. The original author designed it so that if, for example; you are looking at price action on a 1 hour chart, you can have the vqzz2 indicator set to daily time frame data. BUT....the multiple time frame version he/she designed does not repaint/readjust like a normal higher time frame indicator. He/she designed it to show when, in real time; the indicator would be readjusting to the higher time frames current open candle. (Does that make sense? Kind of hard to explain in words sometimes and I apologize for any confusion.)

I appreciate the hard work as usual guys. Thank you for your time.
Attachments
MT4.PNG
FXCM.PNG
biggiesmalls

Postby Apprentice » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 am

I will double check Alex work, and offer my version.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Apprentice » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:11 am

It seems that Alex has written only one of three Indicator methods.
Without deviation from the original.
Also you are using different smoothing methods.
You are using LWMA in Marketscope, MQ4 is using MVA (SMA)
Apprentice

Postby biggiesmalls » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey Apprentice. Thanks for getting back to me. You're correct. I thought the mq4 image was using the LWMA for smoothing but I was using another moving average. However, I did go through each of the available moving averages and they still do not match up entirely. Also, will the other 2 portions of the indicator that you said were not programmed in the .lua version be added?

Another issue. Earlier your posted that to get the VQZ indicator to work on smaller time frames that users should just lower the smoothing. However; the original mq4 version doesn't require users to lower the smoothing to get the indicator to work. I've seen strategies built around this indicator for m1 charts that required users to have a smoothing factor of 25 or greater.

I just want to make sure traders don't download this indicator and naively start trading real money when it's not functioning properly or functioning as intended.

Thanks for the hard work and updates Apprentice. It's surely appreciated.
biggiesmalls

Postby biggiesmalls » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:06 am

Hey, I tried the other version and it's not working the way the original VQZZ2.mq4 indicator I uploaded functions. I prefer the original .lua that was posted requiring the averages indicator. I thought that was a nice feature bringing in different moving averages.

It would be nice if we could focus on the first translation (the one with the averages indicator) and see if we can get this indicator working as designed. Because every version/modification flat out does not work. I have posted 2 more images. Metatrader and Marketscope. The marketscope platform I have placed both Vq Bar and VQZ indicators. Both show same errors. The metatrader version I have posted has all 4 moving average variants the it supports on the chart. None of them obviously match the marketscope version of this indicator. All settings are the same. (7, some variant of MVA, 1, 5)

We'll get this working and one day we'll look back on this and laugh...hahaha :lol:

I'll send you all some Cas No. 16 crown royal I've got sitting here beside me. ;)
Attachments
Capture 1.PNG
Capture 2.PNG
biggiesmalls

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:03 am

Parameter "Filter" is specified in pips.
There are different pip sizes in Marketscope and MT4.
For example:
if you use Filter=1 in Marketscope, you must use Filter=10 in MT4 for same results.
Alexander.Gettinger

Postby biggiesmalls » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:30 pm

:shock: That makes sense. Didn't realize that the 4-digit/5-digit broker would have any effect on these settings. I appreciate everything. Thanks guys.

Any chance on implementing the true/false mode higher time frame portion of the indicator?

Thanks again guys.
biggiesmalls

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 pm

biggiesmalls wrote:Any chance on implementing the true/false mode higher time frame portion of the indicator?

Yes.
Alexander.Gettinger

Postby Apprentice » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 am

Indicator was revised and updated.
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Custom Indicators