Renko chart (Obsolete)

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Renko chart.

Postby GideonHanekom » Thu May 17, 2012 9:47 am

Hi

Because I use only moving averages and swing high low (support and resistance) and pivots I do not have to compensate for below the chart indicators.

My problem is that because the Renko candles are just indicators on TS2 charts, support, resistance and pivot levels are not correct and also, as I found recently, a new brick is not formed every time price moves the specified distance. (5 pips in my case).

I've reverted to 15 minute time chart for entries. Such a pity as I had really good strategy going on.

Kind regards

Gideon
GideonHanekom

Postby TheEdge » Fri May 18, 2012 3:38 pm

GideonHanekom wrote:Hi

Because I use only moving averages and swing high low (support and resistance) and pivots I do not have to compensate for below the chart indicators.

My problem is that because the Renko candles are just indicators on TS2 charts, support, resistance and pivot levels are not correct and also, as I found recently, a new brick is not formed every time price moves the specified distance. (5 pips in my case).

I've reverted to 15 minute time chart for entries. Such a pity as I had really good strategy going on.

Kind regards

Gideon

Hi, You are having the same problems it sounds like that I have with the Renko Bricks, IMHO, You will have better results using the 1 minute chart since the time is shorter and so the bricks print more often.

I am testing Renko on the mt4 platform for the last couple of days and I am much happier with the results, however I despise mt4 it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight...I wish FXCM would add Renko as a standard feature to TS2 or maybe Apprentice could get it working...I would be willing to through in a few $ to lend a hand to making these work in TS2.

Best of luck in your trading!
TheEdge

Postby GideonHanekom » Sat May 19, 2012 4:32 am

Tx Mate, I'll give it a try and I agree with you Renko charts should be an option under Chart Types on the TS 2 Platform. In my opinion the TS2 platform is way more classy than MT4

Kind regards

Gideon
GideonHanekom

Postby Aladdin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 am

Hello everyone,

I'm so confused, what I know Renko chart is price dependent and time has no function on it, but when I'm changing the time frame 1min, 15min, 1hr, ... ,and so on, I find the chart defers each time frame!!!!

Waiting for your valued help.
Aladdin

Postby Apprentice » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:50 am

Renko, Kagi, P & F, Range Bar Indicators dont have time frames.
They are controlled with parameters, in this case it is "Step".
"Box" Size for single Renko Chart Element.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Aladdin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:36 am

That what I'm getting!!

Renko3 at 15min
Renko3 at 1min
Renko3 at 1D >>> platform crash!!
Attachments
Renko3_15min.jpg
Renko3_1min.jpg
Aladdin

Postby mulligan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:55 pm

I'm having a problem with the Renko3 chart I hope you can help with. I've tried multiple indicators, changing data source to Renko. The indicators work fine, but quickly start shifting out of phase with the bars. To get an accurate indicator reading, I have to click on the indicator, bring up the property box, click OK, basically reset the indicator. Then it starts shifting again. Chart set on 1 min. time frame, Renko3 set on 1 or 2 pips. Some of the indicators tried are LSR, TSI, TARZAN, BB_MACDV6, MACD. Any help is appreciated.
mulligan
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Lolopoulos19 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Dear Apprentice and friends,

Last week I heard about Renko bars and started testing the Renko 2, Renko 3 and Renko2M that I found here. Seems like all the three of them have serious problems, like false HIGH/LOW, range etc.
Moreover, the platform is not loading data after some point and crashes (check the image).

Can anyoyne create or upload a good-operating RENKO indicator, please?
I would realy like to test this strategy with 20 or 30 pip brick width, without trouble....

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
renko_failure.jpg
Lolopoulos19

Postby stainer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:55 am

Is it possible to get a alert for renko 2. I've been using Renko for around a week and Its very hard to try keep on top of what's happening on the charts as time is removed.

Can you design it so you have the option for direction change as well please.
stainer

Postby Apprentice » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:02 am

Untitled.png

This version is obsolete.
Try new Renko View instead.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators