ZigZag with bar and pips counter.

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: ZigZag with bar and pips counter.

Postby Apprentice » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:22 am

Test.png

Test for ZigZag_Counter.lua on EUR/USD m30
Can you provide a screenshot, parameters used.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby CHISEL » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:31 am

Yodian wrote:I am reffering to the Volume and pips already calculated and displayed in the ZigZang v9 indicator (see attachment).

In this example the indicator shows at some point (May, 7th - in green):
Bars: 19
Pips: 947.3
Vol: 4346086

What I need is to also display (optionally) the results of the following:
(a) the Volume/Pip: 4588 (4346086/947.3)and another
(b) Volume/Bar: 228741 (4346086/19)

Hope it helps.

Hi Apprentice,

I also would like Volume divide by Bars optionally too to ascertain the strength of the relative interest in each zig and Zag. So I can see weather there is a a comparitively High Or Low Or equal tick volume per bar then displayed at the end of Zig and Zag. so I don't have to fiddle around with a calculator whilst trading.

You already did a test example but does not seem to be available when the zig zag counter is downlouded.

The crowd is correct in trend, but usually wrong at the ends.
make friends with the contrarian.
CHISEL

Postby cnikitopoulos94 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Hey Apprentice, can you create an option for the ZigZag so it can update itself on the intrabar instead of after it closes by changing period== 0 instead of -1 and updates as it keeps changing the highs and lows?

If you can Id greatly appreciate it
cnikitopoulos94

Postby cnikitopoulos94 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:50 pm

p.s. if you cant then dont worry Ill try my best to work on it by myself.
cnikitopoulos94

Postby AlphaBagel » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Great work on this indicator. I am finding it supremely useful and it is a huge timesaver. I am looking for some added functionality please let me know your thoughts on the following and if it is achievable.

1) Velocity indication: (Pips/Bars) I added the following to the code

if DisplayVelocity then TextLabel = TextLabel .. "\r\n" .. "Velocity:" .. ((math.floor(math.abs(pips)/pipSize*10+0.5)/10)/(math.abs(bars)+1)); end

but am having the value return a really long decimal place. An example is in the next image. I want to reduce that to 2 decimal places. I have looked up some tut's on how to accomplish this but am not succeeding so any assistance is grateful.

2)Counting of candles in between the swing high's and swing lows. the image attached shows an example of what I am looking for.

3) Highlighting of ichimoku numbers in 2 colors. The image shows a highlighted box around the number. changing the color of the text, a highlighted box or an Ichi Num field would be perfectly fine. I am just looking for an identifier
Color 1: 9,17,26,33,42,65,76,129,172
Color 2: 8,10,16,18,25,27,32,34,41,43,64,66,75,77,128,130,171,173,200-258

I know you all are very busy, if any of these are complex to implement please let me know. If there are some indicators I could try to deconstruct by looking at the code to incorporate this functionality please point me into that direction. Thanks!.
Attachments
ZigZagMod.png
ZIGZAG IMAGE
AlphaBagel

Postby AlphaBagel » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:36 am

Well it is the distance between the peaks. In the image I drew a dotted line in between peaks to show what I was after. Zigzag presents, high low high low high low points..... so the distance of just the highs and the distance of just the lows is the calculation to create.

So, perhaps to get the distance between the highs
In an Bullish upswing
Current swing high bars + previous swing low Bars = Bars Highs (This would be a measurement peak to peak)

In an Bearish downswing
Current swing low bars + previous swing high Bars = Bars lows (This would be a measurement valley to valley)

and then a line to connects the highs .
and then a line to connects the lows.
just like in the image. if this line is problematic, it is not too important. distance between the peaks and valleys is ultimately what I am after. Thankyou! :D
AlphaBagel

Postby Apprentice » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:34 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice

Postby AlphaBagel » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:06 am

You can scrap my request above. I am still looking for a modification to this indicator, if anyone is interested.

The indicator would need another field added called "Ichi Num". When turned on it will only display (8-10, 16-18 , 25-27 , 32-34 , 41-43 , 64-66 , 75-77 , 128-130 , 171-173 , 199-258) when those numbers are reached at the swing high or low of the zig zag indicator, and if they arent reached it just remains blank. The description on the chart " Ichi Bars:" should also be blank, just need a number displayed.

I don't think the request above will be much work and I am willing to pay for the development if that can expedite the request.

Thanks
AlphaBagel

Postby Apprentice » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:10 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Can you explain how "Ichi Num" is calculated.
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators