Hammer Hanging Man Patterns

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Hammer Hanging Man Patterns

Postby HappyFox8 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Thank you so much for this indicator & the matching strategy. It is great that you have included a trend filter & the ability to customise the upper & lower shadows. I would like to make a request that I think would be a valuable further improvement. It would be great if we could also customise the size (i.e. entire length including shadows) of the candle. Ideally this would be linked to average true range. In this way the indicator length can be customised according to the surrounding price activity rather than a randomly-selected number of pips.

To explain further, I would like to be able to specify that the indicator selects hammers/hanging men that are greater than x*average-true-range of the past y bars, where x & y are user specified. For example a user might wish to only capture bars where the entire length of the candle (low to high) is at least 3 x the average-true-range of the past 100 bars. Or perhaps the user may refine this to, say, 2.3 times the ATR.

If you have the time to add this refinement it would be greatly appreciated (& please also update the matching strategy).
Many thanks in advance. :)
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much. :D The indicator is much more effective now.

Dare I make another request? How about flipping it over so that we can also identify Shooting Stars (i.e. the bearish equivalent of a Hammer).
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Great, thanks. I look forward to it.
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi,
Wondering if you've had any time to look at creating the Shooting Star.
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 am

Hi Apprentice,
Thanks for revising the indicator. It is improved, however a major limitation is that whilst it identifies candles with the relative proportions selected, there is no ability to assign the size of the candle. Which means that it picks out the tiniest candles that have no meaning. When you have time, I would like the ability to assign a minimum range (low to high). Many thanks.
HappyFox8

Previous

Return to Custom Indicators