Super Trend (New Version)

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Super Trend (New Version)

Postby Apprentice » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:48 pm

SuperTrend.png

note: old version of the indicator is available here:
viewtopic.php?t=605&f=17

The indicator is adapted to the new version of platform,
is not compatible with older versions of the indicator.
SuperTrend.lua
(4.08 KiB) Downloaded 10703 times

SuperTrend Bar.lua
(4.88 KiB) Downloaded 3065 times

To use SuperTrend Heat Map requires New Vesrion of Supertrend Indicator.
SuperTrend_Heat_Map.lua
(8.85 KiB) Downloaded 7796 times

SuperTrend with Alert.lua
(10.94 KiB) Downloaded 4745 times

This indicator will provide Audio / Email Alerts if and when Super Trend indication is changed.

MT4/MQ4 version.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=69405
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Super Trend (New Version)

Postby khaled1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:16 pm

first of all i really liked u'r work but i need some help after running the indicator for about 5 h the indicator crushed down and only gives 1 h signal and the others disappear can u fix that please .
thanks allot .
attatched ascrenshot will helpe to clear what i mean and sorry for my bad english .
Attachments
supertrend heat .jpg
khaled1

Postby Apprentice » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:29 am

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Apprentice

Postby khaled1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:16 pm

thank u for u'r fast reply and i wonder if u can add alarm when sequence of the color changes from red to gren and vice versa (only when they r all red or all gren and h2 or h4 or h6 or h8 changed its color h1 not important for me).
i'm sorry if i ask to much .
thanks for advance.
best regards,,
khaled1

Postby virgilio » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Hello dear, I noticed that sometimes the bars might change colors after some time. For example, if the 1-Hour bar shows to be red at 11:00am, it could be that if I check the 1-Hour tomorrow that red colored bar frame disappears and it never went red. Or maybe, it shows that it went red at a different time other than 11:00. The same thing can happen to the 2-hour, 4-hour. Why is this and is there anything that the colors don't change?
Thank you for your help!
virgilio

Postby nookie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:08 am

I found some weird thing here.. when changing between timeframes the chart - lets say from 5min. to 1H there is some error message and this indicator is not displayed. when changing back to 5min. the indicator is displayed but its in different area.. either in MACD or RSI area and manually I have to click change indicator and "location" and "show indicator in a new area below the following".. is this some bug that can by fixed by making this indicator staying always in the bottom of the charts ?

Cheers

Nookie
nookie
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby rretch » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:23 am

Unfortunately, I think the quantity of work is degrading the quality of indicators being released.

I've run into this (painting/updating) problem a few times, but I'm too frustrated to even waste my time posting the problem. I'm left w/trading without any indicators due to the fact that I don't trust the indicators.

The 'RB_Clear' indicator is the only indicator I use because I know the rules of the indicator and I can see when the painting is wrong (it will show a buy & sell simultaneously). I know it's render is incorrect and just hit the refresh button to have it correct itself. I know it corrects itself 'correctly' due to, as I mentioned, knowing how the indicator works.

I feel we should start testing the droves of released indicators before they are released.

Other than that, I do appreciate the hard work and the endless help of the indicator developers.

This post is not meant to be any sort of 'bash', just a heads up to how 'some' released indicators are not rendering correctly.

thanks
rretch

Re: Super Trend Heat Map Alarm Request

Postby fxhokie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Hello,

Two questions 1) Could an alarm(and email be sent) occur if all the timeframes become the same color (not every time one changes or if they are all the same just the first time the become all red/all yellow) and then another alarm when any of the timeframes change to the opposite color and

2) a previous question asked you guys "Hello dear, I noticed that sometimes the bars might change colors after some time. For example, if the 1-Hour bar shows to be red at 11:00am, it could be that if I check the 1-Hour tomorrow that red colored bar frame disappears and it never went red."-- has this been fixed. No one responded to this persons concern?
(I personally marked when every timeframe turned from red to green (after the completion of the candle) on a 15min chart and then later a few candles some of the timeframes switched back. I have attached a screenshot and where the vertical line is on the chart is the candle where all timeframes turned green a then a couple timeframes later H6 and H8 switched back. How is this possible??? Can it be fixed? One can't trust an indicator that rewrites itself.

Thanks!!

fxhokie
Attachments
ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 30 13.56.gif
fxhokie

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:38 am

Your request is added to the developmental cue.
Apprentice

Postby fxhokie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:56 am

Thanks for adding it to the development queue.

In the mean time can you answer the question about the indicator changing values as I showed in my post??

thanks!
fxhokie

Next

Return to Custom Indicators