Point & Figure (Update 08. Oct 2014) V4.0.2

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Point & Figure (Update 21. Oct 2013)

Postby beatrice3 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks very much for the help and suggestions. :)

Does anyone know who coded this and how I might contact him or her?
beatrice3

Re: Point & Figure (Update 21. Oct 2013)

Postby Gidien » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:12 am

New Version 3.0

Added Horizontal Count to Pattern.
Added ticks (t1) as source.
Added forecast signals with SL and TP.
Change drawing for the pattern lines.
Some other bugs solved.

file:
PaF_View_V3.0.lua
(97.29 KiB) Downloaded 1094 times

Picture:
pf3.png

best

Gidien
Gidien
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Point & Figure (Update 18. Mar 2014)

Postby Gidien » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 am

Fixed a bug.
if source other then t1 and end of the day is false, then it good be that indicator draw many columns only with 3 rows after each tick.

PaF_View_V3.0.lua
(97.4 KiB) Downloaded 979 times

best
Gidien

Postby Jabez3 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 am

Great job on this Gidien. Anyone who has read "The Definitive Guide To Point and Figure" by Jeremy Du Plessis will really appreciate your work. There are a couple of things that would be helpful; Alerts and the ability to change the "X's" and "O's" to a square.

Again great job,
Jabez
Jabez3

Postby Gidien » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:28 am

Thanks for your commendation.

For Alerts i will need to write a strategy, it is not possible to send it directly from the indicator.

All tries to write a strategy which use a "view indicator" like Point and figure, results in a crash of the trading station. I didn't find the source for this issue. In the SDK debugger it works fine.

Sqares will need some changes in the code. I will think about it.

best regards

Gidien
Gidien

Postby Gidien » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:49 am

Jabez3 wrote:Great job on this Gidien. Anyone who has read "The Definitive Guide To Point and Figure" by Jeremy Du Plessis will really appreciate your work. There are a couple of things that would be helpful; Alerts and the ability to change the "X's" and "O's" to a square.

Again great job,
Jabez

For Testing New Version V3.2

Changes:

added extending History function.
added alert function for the pattern.

for alert function you will need to install and run the "PF_strategy_server" too. Make sure , that the Magic string is identical in the strategy and the indicator.

Only Sound and Alert works at the moment. Email is not working.

V3.2
PaF_View_V3.2.lua
(100.66 KiB) Downloaded 913 times

P&f Strategy
PF_Strategy_Server.lua
(5.98 KiB) Downloaded 889 times
Gidien

Re: Point & Figure (Update 10. Apr 2014) Alerts

Postby Jabez3 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:33 am

Thank you for the changes. Would it be possible to have the Box Size and Reversal displayed in the upper left corner. I have found that Box size is the most important element when trading P&F charts. Volatility can change drastically between pairs, so I adjust my Box Size on this volatility. If Box Size was displayed I could tell if I have it set properly at a glance.

I currently set my Box Size at 33% of the Daily ATR. Now if you could add an option to automatically set Box Size based on a percentage of Daily ATR, that would be great.

Again thank you for the work you have done on this. I feel that it is the most comprehensive P&F charts I have seen.

Jabez
Jabez3

Postby Gidien » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 pm

HI Jabez,

it will take some time. I'm currently overhaul the indicator. I will add secondary trendlines and maybe a dashboard. Any ideas which informations the dashboard should provide?

Boxsize and Reversal can you see in the window description.

pf_settings.png
pf_settings.png (10.15 KiB) Viewed 3116 times

For the auto ATR Boxsize:
Do you want, that the whole columns will redraw or only the upcoming columns?

best

Gidien
Gidien

Postby Jabez3 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Thanks for pointing out where the box and reversal size are displayed, that works for me. As for a dashboard, I'm not sure that I would use it. Other P&F charts I have used show the the trend and next reversal point, but I never use it. I prefer to interpret the chart myself. But I know some people like that stuff. If it were to have a dashboard it would be great to be able to turn it off it one wanted to. Attached is a picture of another P&F chart I have used and you can see that in the left corner they tell you the trend and next reversal point. But I rarely look at it, my eyes tend to focus on the right edge and only to the as far to the left as my next S/R level. LOL

As for adjusting the box size using a percentage of daily atr, to me it would be perfectly fine if the past boxes changed or just changed on the new ones. It would not make any difference to me, I find that Daily Atr does not vary all that much on a pair. But varies a lot from pair to pair. For example, GbpNzd at this time has a Daily Atr of 158 pips so my box size on this one is 52. But at the same time EurUsd has an Atr of 66 pips and my box size here is 22 pips, less than half the size of GbpNzd. I am currently using the ATR_PIPS_Indicator on a daily chart with a multiplier of 0.33 and change the box size manually on my 5 minute P&F chart.
Attachments
p&f chart.png
Jabez3

Postby Gidien » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:39 am

It seems , that i have only one option to implement ATR. I can only set Boxsize to the ATR Value during the first load of the indicator, any changes of the Boxsize , if the indicator is allready loaded, will result in unexpected drawing.
The columns, which allready calculated , can not changed. (Redraw whole chart not possible)
A dynamic change of the BS for upcoming columns avoids a correct pattern and trendline recognition.

I add ATR to the last version. Note the Boxsize is only calculated if load the indicator the first time(create view indicator). If the new day comes , you will need to reload the chart , to set the boxsize to the new ATR value.
You can do this fast by switching source period m1 to m5 or switching from bid to ask from the toolbar. F5 is not working with View indicators.

PF V3.2 ATR
PaF_View_V3.2_ATR.lua
(102.05 KiB) Downloaded 910 times

parameters:
method
ATR method -- use ATR for boxsize
PIP method -- use Boxsize value

ATR period -- ATR period
ATR percent % -- Percent value in % 33 meens 33% of the ATR value

gidien
Gidien