Point & Figure (Update 08. Oct 2014) V4.0.2

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Point & Figure (Update 10. Apr 2014) Alerts

Postby Jabez3 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 am

The ATR addition, so far it seems to be working fine. It saves me a lot of time, thanks.

You mentioned that you were looking to add secondary trend lines. Would these be trend lines off what is referred to as a mini-bottom?

(Mini-bottom occurs when the price makes an intermediate low, where the "O" on a uptrend is at least one box below the previous column of "O's". This line is also drawn at 45 degrees, but does not offer as much support as the main 45 degree line.)
Jabez3

Postby Gidien » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:52 am

Jabez3 wrote:(Mini-bottom occurs when the price makes an intermediate low, where the "O" on a uptrend is at least one box below the previous column of "O's". This line is also drawn at 45 degrees, but does not offer as much support as the main 45 degree line.)

Not sure that i understand this, can you show an example from the chart.

I meen with secondary trendline, every possible trendline , which is not the main trendline.
Example:
The Main Trendline is Bullish. Normaly this trendline must be broken, before we can draw a new bearish trendline. The secondary trendlines will show the "mini trends" in a strong trend.

Lets take a look to the screenshot of the next overhauled version.

Overhauling.png

The Solid line are the maintrendlines, which you allready know from my other version. The dotted lines are the secondary trendlines.

gidien
Gidien
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Jabez3 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:33 am

I love the new version, very clean. The way you have the secondary lines are perfectly fine, I have seen it done this way on other P&F charts. But from the way I understand P&F Secondary Lines is on an up trend there needs to be an lower "O" before you draw the line. Looking at your chart the 1st dotted line back from the right edge of the chart, meets this criteria. But it should be ignored for now because the major trend line is down. I see some other examples of the "O's" column making a lower low and then reverse back in the direction of the trend, but it did it at the main uptrend line. So no secondary line would be drawn there.

I believe the dotted lines on this chart are referred to as Internal 45 degree lines. Which is great because they also give insight to order flow as well. I think someone who trades P&F can easily distinguish the valid secondary trend lines from the internal trend lines the way you have it here.

Good job and I look forward to your release of it.

Jabez
Jabez3

Postby Jabez3 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Both my brokers were down when I did the last reply on Secondary Trend Lines, so I could not attach a picture as you requested. Attached is a picture of a Secondary Trend Line on a P&F chart. It is the yellow dashed line in the middle of the picture. Secondary Trend Lines become important when price gets way ahead of the Main Trend Line. These often come into play after a major news event. Your Internal trend lines that you displayed in the program you are working on should cover this. Like everything else on the chart It is just a matter of the chartist interpreting it. I am sure your lines will help them do that.

FYI: These Internal Trend Lines and Secondary Trend Lines were both referred to as subjective trend lines by the early authors following Cohen's work in 1947 on Point and Figure. The only objective trend line to them was the Main 45 degree trend line.

Jabez
Attachments
P&F ST Line.png
Jabez3

Postby Jabez3 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 am

At this time the Alert Lines do not display on PAF_View_V3.2 charts. Is it possible to have them display?
Jabez3

Postby Jabez3 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:23 am

My last post on Alerts, I meant to say "Price Alerts". These are not being displayed on PAF_View charts.

Thanks,
Jabez
Jabez3

Postby Gidien » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:03 am

Point and Figure Overhauled

I overhauled my point and figure indicator. The code became more complex and changes are more difficult to program.
I hope the new structure, helps me to be able to make changes faster.

The new Version is V4.0

What is new?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Price parameters:
Method
ATR : Get the boxsize from the daily ATR * ATR_Percent (Request from Jabez)
PIP : Get the boxsize from the boxsize parameter
Column Style:
Rows
Font : Rows are drawn as X and O's
Square : Rows are drawn as Squares (Request from Jabez)
Trendlines:
I added internal Trendlines.
Select no-line for Main or internal trendline will disable it.
New Trendline
At breakout :
New trendline is drawn, if the breakthrough occurred with a double top/bottom.
At breakout with Adaption :
New trendline is drawn, if the breakthrough occurred with a double top/bottom.
If the close of the column is at the trendline
one box is added/removed to the position of the trendline
At breakout with Confirmation :
New trendline is drawn, if the breakthrough occurred with a double top/bottom
and then the next low or high is above or below the trendline.

Alert are available with
PF_Strategy_Server.lua
(5.98 KiB) Downloaded 1205 times

Set Magic String to the same value in the strategy and indicator.

Indicator:
PaF_View_V4.0.lua
(101.24 KiB) Downloaded 1245 times

Picture square:
pf_v4_square.png

Picture Font:
pf_v4_Font.png

Gidien
Gidien

Postby Gidien » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:11 am

Jabez3 wrote:My last post on Alerts, I meant to say "Price Alerts". These are not being displayed on PAF_View charts.

Thanks,
Jabez

Seem that "add Price Alert ..." are not supported with every view indicators.
Gidien

Re: Point & Figure (Update 24. Apr 2014) V4.0.1

Postby Jabez3 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:22 am

Using PaF_View_V4.0.1.lua I do not get the alerts. I have left the Magic String on both at MyID and also tried setting them both to PF. Does this value need to be numeric?

Thanks,
Jabez
Jabez3

Re: Point & Figure (Update 24. Apr 2014) V4.0.1

Postby Gidien » Fri May 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Jabez3 wrote:Using PaF_View_V4.0.1.lua I do not get the alerts. I have left the Magic String on both at MyID and also tried setting them both to PF. Does this value need to be numeric?

Thanks,
Jabez

Annoying to hear that.

"Magic String" is a string value. You can use any chars.

I checked the uploaded version, but i don't see this issue .

alerts.png

Can you check the event log. Do you see the events?
To see the events log:
MarketScope:
enable show event under Alerts and Trading Automation .
TradingStation:
enable show event under Charts/Alerts and Trading Automation .

When an event should fired , then the chart header should show OK-Strategy is running(yellow line). If there is any communication error between Indicator and Strategy, then you will see Ups- Strategy is not running.

Check also if "Show Alert" is enabled on both indicator and strategy, for Sound "Play Sound" in the strategy only.

If all settings are correct , and you still not see any Alerts , then i will write a debug version for you.

Gidien
Gidien

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators