Constant Range Bars (CRB)

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Constant Range Bars (CRB)

Postby Steve0001 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi,

I downloaded and tried both the CRB_TF.lua and CRB2_TF.lua indicators. Let me first say that I really appreciate it that someone has taken the time and effort to try to program constant ticks per candle for Marketscope (Trade Station 2). Unfortunately, it does not seem to work as advertised. I was hoping to be able to display the price data with a constant number of ticks per candle (for example 70 ticks per bar).

It appears CRB_TF.lua and CRB2_TF.lua are essentially equivalent. I did most of my testing with CRB_TF.lua . I tested it by changing the number of ticks per bar (100 ticks per bar and lower) and observing how this affected the displayed data. I had Marketscope in the m1 (1 minute bars) time frame. I also had the indicator "time frame to calculate" set to "m1." When I tried it with "time frame to calculate" set to "T" (ticks) I either get a line graph (no candles) or an error [ "An error occurred during the calculation of the indicator 'CRB_TF'. The error details: [string "CRB_TF.lua"]:256: [string "CRB_TF.lua"]:127: attempt to index field 'open' (a nil value)." ].

So with both Marketscope and the indicator set to the m1 (1 minute bars) time frame, and the "size of bar in ticks" large (for example 100), I found that the displayed data looked very much like 1 minute bars with an occasional extra candle(s) thrown in. And when the "size of bar in ticks" was small (for example 1, 2, or 3) the displayed data looked identical to 1 minute bars. This clearly should not be the case.

I hope it can be fixed, because I think constant ticks per candle might be very useful. Thanks.
Steve0001

Postby speculator55005 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 am

I cant seem to find any difference between this chart and the conventional counterpart.
This is not a bar range view
speculator55005

Postby speculator55005 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 am

i downloaded this indicator "http://www.fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3614&hilit=range+bar"
and then set my time frame to 1m since the bar chart doesnt depend on time which makes it working.
speculator55005

Postby toxxum » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:36 am

Liquifier wrote:I get this error when I try to use CRB.lua on a m1 chart:
An error occurred during the calculation of the indicator 'Custom Candles Indicator'. The error details: [string "CRB.lua"]:255: [string "CRB.lua"]:132: attempt to index field 'open' (a nil value).

Is there a way to get this indicator to behave like the tick charts in Strategy Trader? Basically, I want each bar to represent X ticks but is also time independent.

For example:
FXCM Strategy Trader2.png

This chart from Strategy trader does not create a new bar for each m1, m5, m30, etc, but only after 70 ticks of data.

I second this. I have tried to run this indicator on the latest TSII version but I keep getting exactly the same error message as Liquifier. Is there any progress in getting this indicator to work or has the project been buried?
toxxum

Postby compulsive » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 am

Any word in getting real tick charts. Any range? It only works for 10 bars in one minute.

The problem that I see is that there are 5 digits after the decimal (such as 1.35185) and it would create a math problem. I say this because When I log into my Futures account and I do tick charts on their platform for FOREX, it allows tick charts (any range) but there are only 4 digits after the decimal, thereby creating less calculation. In fact when you trade the futures currency then there are only 4 digits after the decimal " 1.3185 as well
compulsive

Postby asedic » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi Alexander. Thanks for this useful indicator.

I tried to use it and found that option of time frame t1 doesn't work on my platform. It is very interesting option for analysis of situation with number of ticks less than number which contains m1 candle in standard time based chart. In that case CRB looks the same as standard m1 chart.

Is it possible to implement t1 time frame option?

Thanks.
asedic

Postby Apprentice » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:44 am

The indicator was revised and updated.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Gilles » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:20 am

Hi Apprentice,

Can we get bars of a certain size in points.
Ex: 25 points bars.
Whose refresh would not depend on the periods but on the display of ticks only.

Thank you very much :) !
Gilles
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Apprentice » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:13 am

Something like Renko?
You can find it under File-> Create View...
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Gilles » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:01 am

Hi Apprentice,

It would be exactly like RB_VIEW.lua but I wish it wasn't a VIEW mode but an INDICATOR.
This will make it possible to automate a strategy with access to candle.open data, candle.closed data by these candles of 25 points.

Is this possible for you?

Thank you veray much.
Gilles
FXCodeBase: Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators