Display Trading History on a Chart

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Display Trading History on a Chart

Postby sunshine » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:03 am

The indicator uses FXCM Report API in order to load the history of trading and then display it on the chart. Just install the indicator and apply it.

The indicator displays historical trades. If you move the cursor over an arrow and wait a bit, the tooltip with details about the trades are shown:
trading_history_indi.jpg

By default, trade markers are shown above/below a bar. You can change markers position from "at bar" to "at price" in the indicator properties. Unfortunately there is an issue with the at "price" mode: currently the markers are displayed between bars instead of be shown at the center of the bar. This problem will be fixed in the next update of the Trading Station.

Please note that the indicator does not update automatically when the a bar appears, or a new trade is closed. This is made intentionally to avoid exceeding load on the report server. So to update the information just right click on the indicator legend (the text at the top left corner of the chart) and choose "Refresh" command.
Last edited by sunshine on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunshine

How to Install the Indicator?

Postby sunshine » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 am

The indicator requires the http_lua extension module. So, in addition to loading and installing the indicator, you must also download the http_lua.dll module and save it to the Trading Station folder (usually the folder is "c:\program files\candleworks\fxts2"). If you aren't sure whether you can install indicator and extension correctly, please use self-installer.

Please, don't use this indicator at the moment. Due to defect in the code, it will produce excessive load onto FXCM servers. Your account can be locked because of that.

The new optimized version is coming soon.

You can also find similar indicator here.

Note: Use either the installer (trading_history_installer.exe) or TradingHistory.lua and http_lua.dll files to install the indicator. Don't use both of them.
sunshine

Re: Display Trading History on a Chart

Postby TygerKrane » Thu May 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi Sunshine,
I really like this indicator, Thanks alot!
I am having an issue with it now though.
When I first installed it, it worked fine, just as your picture shows it.
Then I got a new laptop, installed FXTS2 on it, and now when I put on the indicator (using "Manage Custom Indicators"), instead of getting the nice little empty and filled triangles, I now get different sets of letters, based on whether I chose empty/filled triangle & at bar/at price.
Could you tell me what I need to do to get the triangles back? Is it perhaps a font issue?

Thanks
Attachments
Trading History Problem_mu.png
TygerKrane

Postby Victor.Tereschenko » Fri May 13, 2011 4:50 am

TygerKrane wrote:Hi Sunshine,
I really like this indicator, Thanks alot!
I am having an issue with it now though.
When I first installed it, it worked fine, just as your picture shows it.
Then I got a new laptop, installed FXTS2 on it, and now when I put on the indicator (using "Manage Custom Indicators"), instead of getting the nice little empty and filled triangles, I now get different sets of letters, based on whether I chose empty/filled triangle & at bar/at price.
Could you tell me what I need to do to get the triangles back? Is it perhaps a font issue?

Thanks

It looks like Marketscope didn't manage to find the "Wingdings 3" font. Could you check whether Windows on your new laptop has this font? (In the Control Panel->Fonts)
“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” (c) Ernest Hemingway
Victor.Tereschenko
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 13, 2011 8:15 am

Fantastic!!
Thanks Victor, you guys bring a tear to my eye, I swear.
Even though both laptops came with Windows7(x64), the newer laptop didn't have the font.
So everything's back on track now; time to get back to destroying the market. :roll:

Also, I'll attach my "Wingdings 3" font for anyone else that might have the issue.
Trading History working now!!.png
Attachments
WINGDNG3.TTF
"Wingdings 3" font
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 1642 times
TygerKrane

Postby eeesea » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 am

Thanks sunshine.

I fixed a bug where the Long / Short label was not working and I changed the format for the tool tips.

I also have a few questions:
-When "At bar" is selected options, all arrows are filled even if "empty arrow" is selected and the connection bar is not aligned with the center of the arrows. Rather it is placed at the left side of the candle on which the arrows are centered, shouldn't it be aligned with the arrows center like when "At price" is selected?)
-Selecting "At price" correctly shows the empty arrows and correct connection line placement, but why does it only show the formatFullTooltip from ConnectionLines rather than formatTooltip when hovering over the arrows (like in "At bar")?
Attachments
TradingHistory.lua
Long/Short bug fixed and Tooltips modified.
(22.1 KiB) Downloaded 2220 times
eeesea

Postby SergePoldi » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi there!
I have installed the indicator as directed, together with the DLL. The problem I face, is that as I hover the mouse over older transactions, I get multiple instances of the trade itself. The further back I go the more of them I get. I have a feeling that it repeats the same amount of times as the number of trades going back in history for that pair... IN this case, if I went back two trades, I would get it twice....
i.e.
Long
OPEN:...
CLOSE:....
AMOUNT:....
GROSS P/L
TICKET
==========
Long
OPEN:...
CLOSE:....
AMOUNT:....
GROSS P/L
TICKET
==========

Thank you!
Serge
SergePoldi

Postby chemhead » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks for the executable for showing prior day trading information.

Is it possible to make the P/L (and optionally other detail) show up 'permanently' without having to roll-over the arrowheads? This would be a nice feature.

Thanks, chemhead
chemhead

Postby pipsqueak » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Curious I discovered this.

I was using the "trading History" indicator for a short time when I was contacted by tech support that my PC was requesting thousands of reports creating a tremendous strain on data transmission. Consequently they shut down my trading station.

On the second remote login to my laptop they were finally able to ascertain that it was the "Trading History" indicator that was the culprit.

I see that this indicator was developed prior to my situation. To make matters more interesting, I see that this indicator uses the "Trading History" routine that caused all of the commotion. and has been configured so that it will NOT create the problem that the "Trading History" indicator did.

If indeed this indicator does circumvent the issue, then why wasn't the tech department aware of it? Why did I have to be reprimanded for something that already had a solution?
pipsqueak

Postby pexxie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:38 am

Hi all.

Sorry, I know this thread's 'ancient' by today's measure, but I'm trying this indicator out at the moment and am finding that it reads all my entries/exits an hour off. It's as if 1 hour is being added to each piece of activity. The prices are correct, and profit/loss is correct, but times are always offset an hour forward.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm looked at the code to try understand and figure it out, but am new to it all. Only thing I can see is a timezone conversion, and there might be something funny going on there. I have an account with FXCM's UK office.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to invest any interest in solving this !

-pexxie
pexxie

Next

Return to Custom Indicators