Range bars (RB)

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Range bars (RB)

Postby lalala987 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:38 am

Apprentice wrote:We are planing to introduce new version of this indicator, along with the new version of TS.

hi

that's good news :)

do you have any clue why that shift is happening? i am stuck there atm. a strategy would get wrong values.

kind regads
lalala987

Postby SvenStp » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Thats great Apprentice. It would be even more great if it would be incorporated in new TS as a chart mode not a indicator. Now that would be some platform.
New TS? When is that about to happen?

Cheers, SvenStp.
SvenStp

Postby Apprentice » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:53 am

Final Release candidate is in pipeline.
It will be out, as soon FXCM OK it.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby trendwatch » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 am

Will the Range Bar chart be available as a "chart view"? If so, can you tell when?

Thanks
trendwatch

Postby Apprentice » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:08 am

Will add this to my list of development.
Unfortunately I can not give you a time frame.
Apprentice

Postby TxChristopher » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Any update here?

It would be nice to have Range Bar capability in Trading Station, it is surprising that it lacks it. All of the view lua programs that I have found do not display Range Bars properly, a real Range Bar must be tied to ticks and cannot be tied to time. The same flaw exists in the Renko View in the latest Trading Station. Having Renko or Range Bars tied to time renders them useless, you may as well not bother, they MUST be tied to ticks and price movement only to be charted correctly and therefore useful. If your program is outputting Range Bars that are not all exactly the same size then it does not work, period, because that is how range bars function.

Range Bars reduce the float that is inherent in Renko Bars, as even a 1 point Renko bar can allow price to move nearly 3 points before it paints a new bar whereas a range bar can be painted as it develops and does not allow for price points that are not plotted like Renko does.

A whole lot more development needs to be done on the tick charting for Trading Station to be taken seriously.
TxChristopher

Postby scjohn2013 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:06 pm

I have been using a MT4 based constant range bar script running as an EA that I got from MQL services. It also works with the new MQL4 file of the newer MT4's. I am using it now with MT4 version 4.00 Build 825. I paid about 85 Euros for it and you get 3 downloads of the script in case you lose version you downloaded or it gets corrupted for some reason. I keep my download in my download file on my computer in case something happens to it. I have been successfully using this script since 2011. Michael is trustworthy and very helpful if you need help. Presently I am look for a constant range bar script the will work with Market Scope, as I feel MT4 is somewhat clunky to use. What is latest information you have on that?
scjohn2013

Postby scjohn2013 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Interesting what TX Christopher had to say. My MT4 range bars are all 8 pips. I have had them at 10 pips when I first got the script, but I like the 8 pip better. It comes with a default of 25 pips, which can be changed. I have checked my pips and they are all the same size and they they look like regular candlesticks on the chart ie. many have wicks with smaller bodies, but they are all 8 pips long. It is interesting what Christopher said as I run the script on a 1 minute chart, but the bars are not constrained by time, though I can get a time for each new range bar. On a 5 minute MT4 chart you would get 1 candlestick of various lengths. On my M2 offline chart showing contant range bars I get various numbers of 8 pip candlesticks, depending on the momentum of the price changes of the currency pairs I am following. During the Asia session, 1 candlestick could cover several hours in time if the momentum is very low. The reason I like constant range bars is that it is easier to see trends, especially since I am an inter-day trader. I was able to pick up over 300 pips in good back and forth trades on two currency pairs today. It may be better to try to tweek the one click trading on MT4 to my liking if I can not find a constant range bar script for Market Scope.
scjohn2013

Postby Apprentice » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:12 am

Something like this one.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3347&hilit=constant+range
I'm not sure about logic,
indicator uses the same name.
Apprentice

Postby BudFox » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:42 am

Hi,

What ever happened to development of a Range Bar indicator for Trading Station?
I know this has been attempted in the past, but as other posts have mentioned, there has yet to be a reliable version.

I'm using them on FXCM's MT4 platform with some success, but would much prefer to trade in TS.

I have the code for the MT4 Range Bar indicator if that would help.

Please advise what the plan for TS is.

Many thanks.
BudFox

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators