Multi Time Frame Heikin-Ashi

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Multi Time Frame Heikin-Ashi

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:44 pm

forexdezert wrote:The whole point of my AAOT (Average Angle Over Time) idea is to have the arrows rotate on their axis like a gauge on a car dashboard depicting the average range of movement as an angle thus visually allowing the user to see the when trends are forming. For example - a horizontal arrow would indicate 0% of change. An arrow pointed up 30degrees from horizontal would indicate a 30% avg change long. Whereas an arrow pointed down 70 Degrees would indicate an avg change of 70% going short.

As far as I see, the simplest way is to use the custom font which contains characters for each degree required. We actually do not need all 360 images, 24 shall be pretty good to show smooth enough moving of the gauge. Something like on the movie available by the link below:
http://www.gehtsoftusa.com/ngeht/font.swf.html

I created such simple font with two kinds of arrows and a simple growing bar:
MarketDings.png

To install the font:

1) download the font file below:
MarketDings.ttf
(21.53 KiB) Downloaded 1030 times

2) Right-click on the file and choose "Install" in the context menu:
MarketDings1.png

3) Use the indicator below to see the demonstration:
font.lua
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 999 times
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby sunshine » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:52 am

If you use Windows XP, then to install the font, you should download the file and copy it to the folder:
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
since there is no command "Install" in the context menu.
sunshine

Postby forexdezert » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:19 am

Nick,

I think the font is a great way of making bringing the AAOT concept to life.

Could you add the functionality of all the arrows with the ablity to rotate (similar to a row of gauges on the dash of an automobile) to show the average angle of trend over each of the different selected time frames. This could be accomplished by using something similar to the auto-ranging formula for calculating the automatic pip scale changes to the right side of the Marketscope 2.0 screen. This angle would indicate to the viewer the amount of movement for each time frame, thereby enabling the viewer to distinguish at a glance if the market is flat, grinding up/dwn, rocketing up/dwn etc, for each time frame.

However I think that we only really need the angles pointing from straight up (green), and then clockwise all the way through to pointing straight down (red). So basically 180 degrees of rotation up and down, covering what would be 12:00 through 6:00 on the face of a clock. I think that this is important because the arrow or dial should only rotate up or down to reflect the Average Angle of the trend over that selected time frame.

visually allowing the user to see the when trends are forming. For example - a horizontal arrow would indicate 0% of change. An arrow pointed up 30degrees from horizontal would indicate a 30% avg change long. Whereas an arrow pointed down 70 Degrees would indicate an avg change of 70% going short.
The visual depiction of arrows rotating on their axis is the most important part of this idea. It allows the user to visually see a complete picture of any given currency pair across all selected time frames at as glance. The user looks for arrows that are all beginning to rotate and line up at angles similar to each other thus indicating trends forming. Arrows rotating in a row is much easier to visually interpret than a table of numbers. Once you have decided on a currency pair to focus on by seeing the Simple Dealing Rates page then you would look to your Marketscope screen with the AAOT as an indicator applied to that selected currency pair only.

On the Multi Time Frame-HA if you give the arrows the same ability to rotate as an indicator this allows you to have the same Average Angle Over Time information for the particular currency pair being actively monitored on the Marketscope Screen.

I got the font and demo to function correctly. I am curious to see how you and your team will integrate the function into the Multi time frame HA indicator, and once perfected, ultimately integrating them into the Simple Dealing Rates page of the Trading station itself! :)

forexdezert

Postby Apprentice » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:53 am

Nikolay,
when you have time can you add and Horizontal Bars.
So we can add chart like this.
Untitled.png
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Blackcat2 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Apprentice,
I, unfortunately, have limited screen real estate, so I put in the same section as MACD, etc (new section) but when I do that, I can't see the arrows anywhere..

Is it possible to change it so the arrow display nicely in a new/bottom section of the screen?

Thanks..
BC
Blackcat2
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Apprentice » Wed May 04, 2011 2:40 am

It is possible.
Until then you can use the Vertical Position parameter.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Checkz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:40 am

CAN YOU TURN THE ARROWS INTO A HEATMAP SO WE CAN SEE THE PAST DATA WHEN ALL THE TIMEFRAMES LINED UP. THE ARROWS ARE GOOD BUT THEY DON'T ALLOW US TO LOOK AT THE PAST DATA. THANKS ALOT.
Checkz

Postby porschefan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Hello
Many thanks for your work.
can you write the code of the arrow-red or green candle on the same second.
2 green candles in succession - an arrow green and two red candles, one after the red arrow.

sorry for my english!

Thanks
porschefan

Postby porschefan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:29 am

porschefan wrote:Hello
Many thanks for your work.
can you write the code of the arrow-red or green candle on the same second.
2 green candles in succession - an arrow green and two red candles, one after the red arrow.

sorry for my english!

Thanks

porschefan

Postby amazon1a » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Apprentice wrote:
MFT HA.png

MTF_HA.lua

Hi Apprentice, Is it possible to Add Multi Currency pair functionality to this indicator. If so, could the new indicator appear at the bottom of the screen rather than at the side?

Many thanks, AG
amazon1a

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators