Multi Time Frame Heikin-Ashi

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Multi Time Frame Heikin-Ashi

Postby Apprentice » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:42 pm

MFT HA.png

MTF_HA.lua
(8.03 KiB) Downloaded 2768 times

MTF MCP Heikin-Ashi.lua
(11.57 KiB) Downloaded 1455 times
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Multi Time Frame Heikin-Ashi

Postby forexdezert » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 am

Awesome indicator! I have been discussing almost this very indicator for quite awhile.

I wanted to call it AAOT (Average Angle Over Time)

Could you add the functionality of all the arrows with the ablity to rotate (similar to a row of gauges on the dash of an automobile) to show the average angle of trend over each of the different selected time frames. This could be accomplished by using something similar to the auto-ranging formula for calculating the automatic pip scale changes to the right side of the Marketscope 2.0 screen. This angle would indicate to the viewer the amount of movement for each time frame, thereby enabling the viewer to distinguish at a glance if the market is flat, grinding up/dwn, rocketing up/dwn etc, for each time frame.

Could this indicator be given the functionality of being added to the "Simple Dealing Rates" Page of the Trading Station by adding the arrows into line after the existing data columns. The user should be able to select the amount of arrows needed for his requirements as well as custom time frames especially a m2 time frame.

So in summation, when looking at the Simple Dealing Rates Page on the right side of the screen the user would see a row of arrows at the end of each currency pair line, allowing the user to see a snapshot of activity for every currency pair, displayed all together, at one glance.

This would be an amazing tool for all traders!

Other "Simple Dealing Rates" Page Ideas

I also have quite a few other ideas to incorporate into the data shown on the Simple Dealing Rates Page, such as:
the user should be able to add or delete whatever columns desired to the Simple dealing Rates Page.
At the top of each column should be a dropdown box with the following options for sorting the data shown.

The TOP 20 pairs at any given moment should be sortable and listed in order by:
Momentum - Highest or Lowest
Volatility - Highest or Lowest
% of Angle - Highest or Lowest
Pip Spread - Highest or Lowest
Pip Cost - Highest or Lowest
% of Price change - Highest or Lowest (avg amount of pips moved over any user selected period)
Breakout period - Sort by next to break, or longest avg breaking period

Thank you guys so much for all your hard work. :)
forexdezert

Postby Apprentice » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm not sure that the best way to do this, as an indicator.
This is similar to this in the plan.
I have requested it.
Apprentice

Postby forexdezert » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:52 am

Thanks Apprentice!
Please keep me updated if you will, about the development of my idea for the AAOT. I don't think that an indicator is the best idea for this either. I think maybe another page tab on the Trading Station, a page that lists all the currency pairs, and then the sortable by high / low data columns, and followed by the AAOT arrow/avg angle gauge columns.

On another note could you tell me how the development of my HA/AMAK2 Autobot Strategy is coming along? I've notice some other strategy requests that followed mine have been posted up already.

Thank you for your time and expertise
:)
forexdezert

Postby Apprentice » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:12 am

These are solutions that I wrote.
As an example of these options.
download/file.php?id=2941&mode=view
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3262&p=7765&hilit=filter#p7765

Writing such things within the indicator is quite complicated.
And the final result is not always the best.
Apprentice

Postby Checkz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:25 am

Apprentice Thanks for making this HA MTF. This indicator works perfectly so Please don't change it and if you do please leave the orginal one the way that it is. Thanks again.
Checkz

Postby abrown8703 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:54 am

The question is, why is this feature not built directly into Tradestation II? Forex.com has it.
abrown8703

Postby forexdezert » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 am

The Idea is similar to the screenshot from the Movers & Shakers as far as a list goes, but it needs to be not just an indicator for Marketscope but part of the Simple Dealing Rates Page on the trading station itself. The whole point of my AAOT (Average Angle Over Time) idea is to have the arrows rotate on their axis like a gauge on a car dashboard depicting the average range of movement as an angle thus visually allowing the user to see the when trends are forming. For example - a horizontal arrow would indicate 0% of change. An arrow pointed up 30degrees from horizontal would indicate a 30% avg change long. Whereas an arrow pointed down 70 Degrees would indicate an avg change of 70% going short.
The visual depiction of arrows rotating on their axis is the most important part of this idea. It allows the user to visually see a complete picture of any given currency pair across all selected time frames at as glance. The user looks for arrows that are all beginning to rotate and line up at angles similar to each other thus indicating trends forming. Arrows rotating in a row is much easier to visually interpret than a table of numbers. Once you have decided on a currency pair to focus on by seeing the Simple Dealing Rates page then you would look to your Marketscope screen with the AAOT as an indicator applied to that selected currency pair only.

On the Multi Time Frame-HA if you give the arrows the same ability to rotate as an indicator this allows you to have the same Average Angle Over Time information for the particular currency pair being actively monitored on the Marketscope Screen.

So in summation I feel that the AAOT is an idea that could be applied to two different parts of the Trading Station. One as an indicator for the Marketscope screen for only that selected currency pair (As in the "Multi Time Frame-HA). Two as a line of arrows added to the simple dealing rates page after the "Time" column with user selected time frames.

Could you make sure that Nikolay gets a chance to read through this post as well. I would love to get his input on this idea as well. I feel that the combination and integration of these ideas into both the Trading Station and MarketScope could really give users a powerful advantage in rapidly identifying trends and trading opportunities across the range of all currency pairs.
:)

Do you have any information available on the HA/AMKA2 Autobot Strategy?
forexdezert

Postby forexdezert » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:27 am

What are your thoughts about my idea for the AAOT in the post above?
We started a good disscussion about it, Ithought.
forexdezert

Postby Apprentice » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:38 am

I have nothing new to report.
Development sometimes takes time.
And recent days I do not have too much time.
When I have more and will post it.
Apprentice

Next

Return to Custom Indicators