Marker

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Marker

Postby cyanidez » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi Apprentice,

I've done so, will get back to this thread as soon as I have a reply from one of them.

Thanks!
cyanidez

Postby nazaar » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:59 am

rretch wrote:
When I change time periods though, the bar 'unpaints' itself.
rob

Hi, the marker indicator is really great because it is simple dot placed at the Nth bar back so it helps reduce clutter on charts. However, is there any update on the above issue, when you change time or currency pair the marker does not remain.

Thanks in advance.
nazaar
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby nazaar » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:22 pm

cyanidez wrote:Hi nazaar,

I actually wrote an indicator like that called "Swings" that identifies exactly that - the swing highs and lows of the parameters that you give it.

I can upload it here? Just have to check with the admins how to do that. Will let you know!

Regards

Hello Cyanidez, any update on the indicator marking the high and low of the nth period back?

thanks
nazaar

Postby cyanidez » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:18 am

Hi nazaar,

I JUST received permission to go ahead and upload the indicator!

So I'll be doing to later today and will send you a PM with the link when approved 8-)

Talk again later.
cyanidez

Postby nazaar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Hello Apprentice,

when I trade, i do a lot of comparison of price action using time divider and time in general. The marker tool is one of my favourites. I like both the trailing and locked options. I was wondering if I could have the marker spot be selected not only by the look back period but at a fixed time and then select lock to leave the marker at that given time.

thanks.
nazaar

Postby nazaar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:43 pm

I tried using a + or - sign in the the lookback period and that is doing what I need done. Using the + sign and then selecting locked from market type is placing a market where I want and it is remaining there.

thanks.
nazaar

Postby Apprentice » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby nazaar » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:37 pm

hello,

the marker tool does not work if you change time line. Say you are on the 4-hr chart and have the marker tool set for 21 bars back if you change to the say the 1 hour chart it does not show the 21st candle back on the new chart.

Thoughts?

Also, I am trying to add to this tool to by creating another tool, what would the code be to identify the highest high and lowest low for a say the last 9 bars back with the marker tool?

thanks.
nazaar

Identifying the X bar back

Postby nazaar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Hello,

I use the Candle LookBack Period.lua found here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11079&hilit=lookback

Please see the attached for my custom version.
This is a useful tool but it identifies the X bar back with a full screen vertical line which clutters up the chart making it hard to read.

Could someone please replace the vertical lines with an option to display either a numerical value showing the bars back or a marker identifying the counted bars back?

Preferably the numerical value identifying the X bar back would be better. I have tried doing it myself but failing each time.

Please see attached file and image.

Thanks.
Attachments
17-33-65-76 Time span.lua
(5.92 KiB) Downloaded 653 times
x bars back.png
nazaar

Postby Apprentice » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:10 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators