Extreme Candle Range Alert

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Extreme Candle Range Alert

Postby HappyFox8 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:17 am

Something has gone wrong with this indicator in my system. I have it set to play a sound but the sound only plays some of the time. Very frustration as I have developed a trading system around the indicator sounding.
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Thank you. Working now.
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:36 am

I posted my reply too soon. The indicator is still playing up. It does not play a sound when a candle with an extreme range is formed. But waits until the next bar has formed.
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:30 am

Unfortunately this indicator is no longer working correctly. It was originally possible to set it to sound an alert whenever an extreme range candle occurred (whether extremely tall or extremely short). This is no longer possible. :|
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:36 am

I am still hoping for a reply. This indicator is inconsistent, sometimes the alert sounds and other times not.
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:10 am

Hi again, actually, can we change this indicator into something really simple. (or perhaps create a new one). At the moment it is quite complex and perhaps this is causing the issues.

All that I need is an indicator that will sound an alert when a bar (from open to close) is greater than a certain percentage of the past x bars. I would even be happy with an indicator that will sound when a bar (open to close) is greater than an assigned number of pips. (I.e. the number of pips would be an input that the user can vary according to need).

I would also prefer two separate indicators, one for up closes, and a second for down closes.
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:51 am

This indicator has stopped working again. It doesn't play a sound. :(
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi Apprentice, I have been revisiting this indicator and unfortunately I am unable to get the alert to sound with this one either. Maybe I have something wrong in my settings. I have attached a snip.
Attachments
Extreme candle range alert settings.JPG
HappyFox8

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators