ZigZag Channel

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: ZigZag Channel

Postby susan61 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:42 am

Apprentice wrote:susan61
I have a hard time understanding your request.
Can you provide a bit more structured, a more detailed description?
Maybe provide some sort of drawing.

Hi Apprentice,
The long term down trend = A swing to the downside with a zigzag pullback data to be taken from the high at point 1 and the 1st zigzag pull back point 2, And add horizontals from the point high point.
The long term up trend = A swing to the upside with a zigzag pullback data to be taken from the low at point 1 and the 1st zigzag pull back point 2, And add horizontals from the point high point.

Current price on that timeframe would need to close against zigzag channel the high/low horizontal of zigzag channel where trend started. Horizontal line to be added from the candle long-term trend started. if new long term trend zigzag channel was create in same direction to stop lines on chart have option to show last or show all. To have colour and line option for current & long-term and historical zigzag channel, for long- term zigzag channel and historical zigzag channel and current zigzag channel long term would stay until new same direction long term then old long term would become historical. Add Horizontal line to alert on touch and closed against. Add pip swing count and high/low and mid of current swing.

Susan ZZ channel 2.jpeg

Hope this helps you understand with more details to the screen shot
thanks in advance
Susan
susan61

Postby Apprentice » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:19 pm

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 637.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Apprentice » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:12 am

I didn't manage to figure out what "Add pip swing count and high/low and mid of current swing." means.
ZigZag Channel with Output_Mult.lua
(20.08 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
Apprentice

Postby susan61 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:52 am

Hi Apprentice,
Just had a look and its printing high & low of different swing. What I want is when price makes a higher low for long from point 1 then has a zigzag printed pullback creating point 2 to draw a trend line from point 1 to point 2 and draw a horizontal till end only draw if this happens. When price makes a lower high for short from point 1 then has a zigzag printed pullback creating point 2 to draw a trend line from point 1 to point 2 and draw a horizontal till end only draw if this happens. as condition repeat would keep drawing trend line from point 1 to point 2 and the horizontal line from point 1 until price closed below the low of point 1 1st low of higher low, and closed above the high of point 1 1st high of higher low also the need the current zigzag channel from the last 2 swings please, the current high low and mid of the current printed swing and pips count id amount of pips in that printed swing can be found ZigZag with Fibonacci.lua
hope this clarifies my request
Susan

ZZ Channel and Historicals.jpeg
susan61

Postby Paul W » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:57 pm

Re: TICK ZIGZAG CHANNEL WITH OUTPUT

Could you please check the “Down Line” calculation - is it the same as the “Up Line” calculation (reciprocally) ?

They appear not to be - see attachment

-“Up Line” - works great, and is part of a successful Long-scalp Strategy
-“Down Line” - should be reciprocal to “Up Line” performance - it is not (could you pls look at the
calculation)

Originally I thought it was a “Bid” / “Ask” issue - I now believe this is incorrect (Re: TICK_ZIGZAG_CHANNEL_WITH_OUTPUT) .... my apologies

What is important (to me) is to have TICK ZIGZAG CHANNEL WITH OUTPUT “Up Line” and “Down Line” performance to be identical (reciprocally) - if this is possible ?

------------------------

Re: TICK_ZIGZAG_CHANNEL_WITH_OUTPUT ……. (can wait, has more issues to fix)

Loading issues
Bid/Ask calculation issues
Alert function not working correctly

Many Thx
Attachments
Zig Zag error trap Doc 2.PNG
TICK ZIGZAG CHANNEL WITH OUTPUT “Up Line” and “Down Line” performance should be identical (reciprocally) - if this is possible ?
Paul W
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Apprentice » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:17 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 691.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:01 am

(23.2 KiB) Downloaded 400 times

Tick ZigZag Channel with Output.lua
(13.45 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
Apprentice

Postby susan61 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:47 am

[quote="Apprentice"]

Hi Apprentice,
Thanks, you got the idea what I want still need adjustments. Need to have long-term trend lines look for data from the 1st pullback and every time there was a pullback, Thinks we to insist x =amount of pullback in % required otherwise chart would clutter up with irrelevant lines.
To have option to show all or last x = amount of long-term trend to show. The horizontal lines from the long –term trends to be from point 1 every time a long-term trend created with x= amount of % pullback.
I put the lookback to 1000 and still only printed the last 2, No historical either can you also add colour and line option for long term & historical trend up & down ,If you can also put back the original indicator that shows the last 2 swings as my request was to be added to the ZZ Channel. The current swing created for high /low and mid, what I should have explained the previous swing completed for the high/low and mid and the amount of pips from the high/low or low/ high. And there’s a number on the top don’t know what that is
thanks for your work on this topic
Susan
susan61

Postby Paul W » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:03 pm

Re: Tick ZigZag Channel with Output.lua - Feb 07, 2020 7:01 am - update

thank you

acts differently than original version - and Price now crosses "Down Line" (no bugs/issues so far)

settings need to be tuned (to selected instrument)

this could be a very good indicator - to a composite Strategy

Thx
Paul W

Postby Paul W » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm

Re: Tick ZigZag Channel with Output.lua - Feb 07, 2020 7:01 am - update

found one glitch that needs to be error trapped

occasionally indicator will repaint backwards - to a previously painted line - both "Up Line" and "Down Line"(s)

could you error trap - allowing only forward progress of Line(s)

Thx
Paul W

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators