Multiple Deviation Bollinger Bands

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Multiple Deviation Bollinger Bands

Postby speakinmymind » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:54 pm

I understand that, but the lines I use for entry are the different deviations of that moving average. I don't know ahead of time which deviation levels each currency is in between. I could in theory use a normal bollinger band strategy, but I would have to implement the strategy 20 times for each pair. Also I would have to set when to buy and sell differently.
speakinmymind
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Re: Multiple Deviation Bollinger Bands

Postby speakinmymind » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:15 am

Could you create a static version of this indicator?

Instead of the moving average, there should be a horizontal line the user can drag up and down. Once set, there should be 20 levels with a user defined distance between them.

This should basically look like the basic Fibbonacci tool, and the user is draging the zero level to the desired price. The distance between levels are predefined using pips, ATR, etc. and not percentage of moves between points.

The idea is to test different formulas to determine the predefined distance between levels. For example, the difference in pips between specified moving averages could be used.
speakinmymind
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Previous

Return to Custom Indicators