Wallpaper for MarketScope

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Wallpaper for MarketScope

Postby robocod » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:32 am

Something I've been meaning to do for a while - a "wallpaper" tool for MarketScope. You can use it for anything, but since it's nearly Christmas - here's a little seasonal example for you.

screenshot1.png

Here's the indicator / tool:
wallpaper.lua
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 717 times

Simply enter the full file-name of your graphic, the size of the graphic and the desired position (e.g. top-left, middle-centre, etc.). You can also select a colour for transparent mode, and the overall transparency.

Notes:
  • The default path for finding the graphic files is normally the TradingStation install path, i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2". But you can specify any path and file-name (remember to add the extension, e.g. png, bmp, jpeg, etc.). I think it is also case sensitive - sorry it is TradingStation limitation.
  • You need to enter the graphic's size (width and height) manually. You can get this from Windows, e.g. file properties or mouse-over the file and it should tell you. Resize the graphic if required.

More information on my blog.

Enjoy :D

The indicator was revised and updated
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Re: Wallpaper for MarketScope

Postby robocod » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Another example of the wallpaper tool for MarketScope 2.0. It supports several graphic formats (including png, bmp and jpeg). The tool can not do any resizing, so if necessary you might have to resize the graphic with an external editor (e.g. Paint, XnView or most graphics editing applications).

You can use it for your favourite car, dog, family pics, company logos, etc.

screenshot1.jpg
robocod

Postby Valeria » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi robocod,

Great tool! I know the users who asked about the ability to upload wallpapers to the charts. Good Christmas gift for them :) Thank you.
Valeria

Postby robocod » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:45 am

Looks good with company logos.

screenshot.png
robocod

Return to Custom Indicators