VSA

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: VSA

Postby Apprentice » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:44 am

What VSA indicator should be used as base indicator?
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Steve0001 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:25 pm

When I say "VSA," I am referring to the indicator you have posted at the top of this thread http://www.fxcodebase.com/code/download/file.php?id=14292 (VSA No Demand No Supply.lua) .

I believe it currently draws blue dots when conditions are met, but a previous version drew red or green dots (depending on whether the signal was bearish or bullish). That is what I mean when I speak of putting a red or green (or no) dot in a dashboard (table).

I think there is still an issue with dots that disappear upon chart refresh. That is just something to be aware of until somebody figures out exactly why it is happening.

I think these indicators (VSA, squats) are useful, and having a dashboard will make it easier to track what is going on (if one likes to watch several pairs like I do).

Thanks.

Steve
Steve0001

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:56 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice

Postby Steve0001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:48 am

Thank you Mario! I really appreciate it!
Steve0001

Postby Apprentice » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:26 am

Major update.
Apprentice

Postby Steve0001 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Thank you Mario!

It would be useful to have a summary of what you did. I loaded the new version of the indicators alongside the older version, and compared for differences. I see that the new indicator places marks just like the old version, but one candle later than the old version. Would I be correct to guess that big upgrade was resolving the issue where some candles got marked erroneously, and would be unmarked if you made TS recalculate? It always appeared to me that those mistakenly marked candles were the result of current candles temporarily meeting the conditions to be marked, but then not meeting the conditions upon closing, with the result that the mark from temporarily meeting the conditions persisted when it should have been erased when the candle closed out wrong.

Thank again! I know the program is a bit long and confusing.
Steve0001

Postby Steve0001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:29 am

The erroneously marked candles issue is still present (in the NSND indicator) - something to be aware of if you try to use this indicator.
Steve0001

Postby Apprentice » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:24 am

The indicator was revised and updated.
Apprentice

Postby Mohamed85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi Apprentice, Thanks for such a useful indicator.
I've noticed something weird though, the indicator keeps plotting wrong signals on the run, which
get removed directly when I open the indicators properties and close it again ( attached sample before I open the properties and after it for further explanation)
I wish you can find sometime to check this issue, Thank in advance for the continous support
Mohamed85

Postby Mohamed85 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Mohamed85 wrote:Hi Apprentice, Thanks for such a useful indicator.
I've noticed something weird though, the indicator keeps plotting wrong signals on the run, which
get removed directly when I open the indicators properties and close it again ( attached sample before I open the properties and after it for further explanation)
I wish you can find sometime to check this issue, Thank in advance for the continous support

Hi Apprentice,
it seems that the issue is that the indicator is using tick data, so it plots the signal if the conditions are met any time while the bar is till running, not after it closes, in the meanwhile it doesn't collect the invalidated signals after the bar close.
hopefully this could help ;)
Regards.
Mohamed85

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators