Moving average channel break with Alert

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Moving average channel break with Alert

Postby dstoltz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Apprentice, Thank you so much . Exactly what I asked for. I will send a small donation, even though it's worth much more to me. This is the second indicator you have built for me and I don't mind a bit making a donation on both.
dstoltz

Postby Apprentice » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:47 am

Compatibility issue Fix.
_Alert helper is not longer needed.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby dstoltz » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:56 pm

I moved my request back to this forum,which is the proper place. My request is for a panel or dashboard of the top 12,or so, pairs, by volume, including preferably weekly,daily and 4hr alert arrows similar to the channel breakout alert only in "table" form. Perhaps the same event alerts with arrows, could be reference into a table format,showing all pairs current status, this will enable users to see at a glance which pair they should be focused on, instead of flipping through charts manually.
Thanks again for all the work you have done. This methodology works with very few rules.
The indicator I am referencing is the Moving Average Channel Break with Alert, a fantastic trading tool.
dstoltz
dstoltz

Postby Apprentice » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:14 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice

Postby dstoltz » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Is this project being considered? If not, that's fine, as I know you are extremely busy.
dstoltz

Re: Moving average channel break with Alert Strategy

Postby Silver23 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi Apprentice,

Thank you for this great indicator and the excellent work produced. Is this formulated into a strategy? If yes, please just point out the link. If not, can this possibly be coded into a strategy? If the alert pops up, it would take an entry. When the opposite alert is indicated the trade is exited. A new entry would then be taken on the opening of the second candle in the new direction. The candles used would be the Heiken-Ashi smoothed MVA 3. An option of an average line MVA 12 will serve as a filter for the trade. Thank you in advance
Attachments
Moving Average Channel Break.png
Silver23

Postby Apprentice » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:34 am

I'm not sure whether Moving average channel indicator is relevant ?
Some of trade entrys are within channel.

I'm not sure I understand the entry conditions.
Define them like this.

Open Long on Heiken-Ashi smoothed / Moving average channel CrossOver.
MA of Close have up slope.
Vice versa for Short trade.

Or

Open Long on Second Up Heiken-Ashi smoothed
MA of Close have up slope.
Vice versa for Short trade.
Apprentice

Postby Silver23 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:14 am

Hi Apprentice,

Thank you for the prompt response, I know you are very busy. Excuse my lack of technical language, I'm a novice and surely appreciate your insight. It is exactly the way you describe it. Open Long on Heiken-Ashi smoothed / Moving average channel Cross Over. MA of Close have up slope. Vice versa for Short trade. Close trade on change of direction. Open new trade if entry conditions are met.

I'm experimenting with a filter for this indicator which would prevent initiating a trade when the market is moving sideways, as this eats away at the profit made. Nevertheless, If you could suggest something, it would be more than perfect. Thank you for your insightful strategies, resourceful indicators and precious time.
Silver23

Next

Return to Custom Indicators