Half Trend

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Half Trend

Postby Apprentice » Thu May 19, 2016 6:09 am

EURUSD m1 (05-19-2016 1235).png

Based on request.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=63172
HalfTrend.lua
(4.46 KiB) Downloaded 1964 times

EURUSD m1 (08-02-2016 1351).png

Half Trend Overlay.lua
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 1616 times

MT5/MQ5 version
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=70379

Indicator based strategy.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=70747
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Half Trend

Postby mulligan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Apprentice,
I've recently discovered this indicator and it shows great promise. What I have found is that after just a couple of minutes the indicator goes flat and does not respond. If I refresh the screen, it repaints the history as it should have shown. I've attached an image to illustrate. I hope this can be fixed since this indicator would be a scalpers dream come true. If it can be fixed, it would be fantastic to have an alert based on simple color change.

Many thanks

halftrend.PNG
mulligan
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby pipfix » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:41 pm

In regards to the freezing I have noticed that it happens mostly when price is in tight consolidation near the line of the indicator, or a sudden fast price movement (sometimes).. Hopefully the issue can be fix soon. As mentioned a refresh of the chart is needed to reset..hope this can help.. thanx for all your efforts
pipfix

Postby pipfix » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:33 am

Further observation: the freezing happens when there is a small or slight redraw on the color of the indicator. For example if the line is green and price movement (hesitation) turns the line red and goes back to green (or vice versa), the indicator will freeze as the price action takes direction downward.. So perhaps the issue sits where a redraw or repaint takes place ?
pipfix

Postby easytrading » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:00 am

kindly Apprentice,
could we have overlay for HalfTrend.lua please ? with many thanks.
easytrading
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Apprentice » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:40 am

Half Trend Overlay.lua added.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby dogxyz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:36 am

Is there anyone to know how to use this Half Trend indicator with a strategy? In a strategy, I just know the HALFTREND data stream. But I can't judge the line color for trend up or down in a strategy. Please help or give a example of strategy to making use of this Half Trend indicator. Thanks.
dogxyz

Postby dogxyz » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:27 am

Thank you very much. I understand now. I will try it.
dogxyz

Re: Half Trend Overlay

Postby pipfix » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi Apprentice,

As mentioned before this indicator as great promises but there are still issues with it. If you let it run for awhile you will see that the color freezes (overlay) and does not respond to price action. For example you could be in a bearish wave which then changes to a bullish wave and the color of the candles remain red.

Also when changing the drawing mode in the Parameter (close to close, mid to mid, open to open) it does not have any effect on the candle drawing ?

As well in the Parameter, the Style choices shows a blue color (neutral). I have never seen it showing on a chart ?

Hopefully these observations can help you at resolving the issues as it can work very well with the OSOB indicator. Thanks in advance..
pipfix

Next

Return to Custom Indicators