Oscillator to Halt trading in sideways market

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Oscillator to Halt trading in sideways market

Postby mikeinvaldosta » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 pm

EURUSD H1 (01-24-2017 1816).png

I have created an oscillator for use with EUR/USD to determine a sideways market. It is fairly straightforward and measures deviation of different moving averages.

It has provides a graphical signal of when not to trade.

I have attempted to incorporate this into a strategy I am working on. The strategy has a high failure rate when the oscillator is within a range of .999 to 1.001, and a fairly decent success rate when outside of this range.

As a beginner, I do not have a grasp on how to call upon the indicator to allow trading or disallow. I attempted to place the entire indicator logic within the strategy, but it does not appear to be as precise.

My logic was simple "if indicator > 1.001 allow trading" and "if indicator < 0.999 allow trading".

Can some assist me with calling on this indicator from within my strategy as opposed to re-programming this into the strategy itself?

Thanks!

mike_mva2.lua
(6.47 KiB) Downloaded 666 times

Sideways Market Filter.lua
(7.84 KiB) Downloaded 717 times

The indicator was revised and updated
mikeinvaldosta

Re: Oscillator to Halt trading in sideways market

Postby Steve0001 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:36 pm

I would phrase it like this: "if indicator > 1.001 or indicator < 0.999 then allow trading."
Steve0001

Return to Custom Indicators