Keep On Trading

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Keep On Trading

Postby crazymonkey » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:35 pm

If you look at the images I attached you can see the candles that repainted Apprentice.

First image shows original 5 minute time frame. I had this window open on this time frame for about 8 hours.

I then went up to 15 minute time frame (for a quick glance at a higher time range), then back down to 5 minute.

Second image highlights candles that changed color.

Any ideas?
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg
Second Image
crazymonkey

Postby crazymonkey » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Apprentice, I also just noticed that the Keep on Trading overlay, does not adjust when you alter the LWMA period and the ATR period. Regardless of the numeric value/period you set, it doesn't alter the candle color. The original KOT works fine, but the candle overlay does not.

The setting of 10,30,0.1 looks the same as the setting of 20,50,0.1 and so on.
crazymonkey

Postby Apprentice » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:42 am

Thank you for info about this issue.
Unfortunately, we have bug in the overlay version.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby crazymonkey » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:32 am

Thanks Apprentice.

Please let me know if/when you have a chance to try and fix it.

:)
crazymonkey

Postby crazymonkey » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Thanks Apprentice.

Ill test it out tonight and let you know if there are any problems.
crazymonkey

Postby crazymonkey » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:31 am

Apprentice,

Its working much better now...

..However, there are a few things I noticed:

1) If you have for example 1 tab open showing 5 min USD/JPY and then open another window an hour later of the same currency in the same 5 min period, the most recent candles in the new window do not match 100% those shown in the older window (usually several of the most recent 5-10 candles).

2 ) Also, altering anything with the indicator (even the color of the candles) changes some of the past candles.

3) The neutral trend setting does not work at all. Unless you set the LWMA to 500 and over, only then do the grey candles show - in fact all the candles turn grey/neutral. I don't know if this is a problem with the actual design of the KOT, or an error , as this occurs with the original KOT as well.

Either way it works much better and very helpful. I don't know if any other those were items that needed fixing, but i wanted to give some feedback.

crazymonkey

Postby Paul W » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm

KOT is triggered by a price cross and the final up or down trend is not determined until the period close. Therefore you will see, at times, trend switching during open periods – this also includes price alert triggers.

note: I am using KOT with Alert.lua, and have not observed this problem - will test further
Attachments
1 min chart.png
1 minute bar chart - MVA 2 to display price action
Last edited by Paul W on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul W
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby crazymonkey » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Apprentice,

I test ran the KOT overlay today to see if any errors came up. I had 2 windows open all day, same currency, same time frame, same KOT settings and no other indicators.

The error below happened about 5 times today, where one window shows a red candle, and the other shows a green. Below is one example. The color change happens about 1-2 candles later. It would make sense if it was repainting, but it occurs randomly on each screen, and both screens had the same indicator setting and were open for the same period of time (about 6 hours).

:?:
Attachments
1.jpg
Window 1
2.jpg
Window 2
crazymonkey

Postby Paul W » Mon May 20, 2013 11:53 am

On Sat May 18 there was an update to Trading Station and KOT can no longer be loaded on to a TIC chart.

FXCM explanation

“There is a new property in LUA indicators files in which you specify what chart type the indicator is for - either tick or time based charts. If you a tick based chart and open the add indicator box you will only see indicators that are allowed on tick charts”.

I have adjusted the LWMA (300) period and multiplier (2.0) which allows KOT to function on a TIC chart – It can be used it to identify price breakouts on CFD's.

Could you enhance KOT so it can again be used on a TIC chart

Thanks,
Paul W
FXCodeBase: Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators