Breakout indicator

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Breakout indicator

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:34 am

One of trading methods supposes that in the beginning of the trading day the price sets the borders which will be broken only in one direction. For example, if the price goes above the first five hour highs it means that the price will go up today.

This indicator is intended to work with this method - you can choose when the trading day is started (at 17:00EST aka FXCM trading day, at midnight GMT or at midnight of your local time) and how long to collect the data for "the first part of day".
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby nica33 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:09 am

Hi,

When I load this indicator, it's showing in a different area than the chart, even though it says is the location in the cart is marked as yes.

Thanks,

nica
nica33

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:15 am

Any indicator is shown on all available data. So, if you open a chart which convers three days - the indicator shows three boxes - for all days on the chart, not for the current day only.
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby nica33 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 pm

what I meant to say, is the indicator is showing in a lower area different than the area where the candlesticks appear. It's showing under my Stochastic indicator
nica33

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:55 am

By default, it must be shown in the chart area if nothing is changed on the Location tab.
Could you please check whether the "Chart" area is selected in that tab for the indicator like on the image below:
shot.png

If this indicator is always located in area like an oscillator, could you please make a snapshot of the chart and snapshot of the "location" tab when the breakout indicator is initially added to the chart?
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby anurag_momo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Hello , please tell me how to use this indicator in MT4...

thanx...
anurag_momo

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:56 pm

To use the indicator in MT4 it must be converted into MT4 format. We don't provide such service for free, but you can look for independent developer or use our premium development services.
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby borsaty » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Dear
Please can you make strategy for this indicator where you put pending order buy stop at the high and sell stop at the low
condition only two order per day where the order if hit either stop loss or take profit not repeated at this day
Dr.Selim Ahmed
+20110163707
borsaty

Postby Apprentice » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Added to development cue.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby DarkSummon » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 am

Heya.

First off, great work once again guys! Really loving the work you are all doing, you can tell a lot of hard work goes into this and the community :).

Anyways, regarding this indicator...It seems you cannot have a time frame input like 21:00 - 8:00, as it wants time values for the same day only.

My question is then, can it be changed to allow such values? This would be a lot better and more perfect for people who want to monitor the highs and lows of the nights range for some currency pairs.

If this can be done and I've just simply missed something, let me know :D.

Thanks.
DarkSummon

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators