Problem with order enrty

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Problem with order enrty

Postby gonzteppenwolf » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:05 pm

I'm using the following strategy (attached) and it is supposed to open a new order whenever it closes tha last one. The problem is that I get the following error unsystematically (image attached) and the following order in the opposite direction is not opened. As I mentioned, does not happen all the time.

It reads: "Order failed. Trading activity delayed while Net Quantity order XXXXX is pending".

Any help will be appreciated, thanks !
Attachments
EMA_5min_GBP_ALGO.lua
(14.78 KiB) Downloaded 935 times
image.png
gonzteppenwolf

Re: Problem with order enrty

Postby Apprentice » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:28 am

The code is fine. This can happen when the server didn't manage to close all positions in time and received the order for the next trade (exit+entry commands). This can be repeated almost in all strategies which close all opened trades before opening a new one (valuemap.NetQtyFlag = "Y";)
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Problem with order enrty

Postby gonzteppenwolf » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:42 pm

I changed the code a bit and based it on the code of a different strategy that did not pop-out that error. Got it solved. However, I'm really glad to know the actual origin of the problem. Thanks for the help, this is truly useful. Cheers!
gonzteppenwolf

Return to Discussions