Pinable Dealing Rates to Charts

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Pinable Dealing Rates to Charts

Postby LordTwig » Thu May 27, 2010 12:59 am

Hiya,

Can you ask Developers if they can organise 'pinable advanced dealing rates panels' to be able to be pinned attached to charts so that I don't have to keep going back to Main window to view or click them.

ie, have usd/jpy chart open I attached usd/jpy dealing rate to chart, it stays in view only while chart is in view.

Please also ask for 'dealing rates price panels size' to be sizeable by dragging on corner, even the SMALL panel size is far to BIG. Need to do this especially if made pinable.
Maybe have option of being able to automatically have Dealing Panel displayed for that chart in the toolbar space.

Have been meaning to ask for this a long time.
Cheers
LordTwig
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Pinable Dealing Rates to Charts

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Thu May 27, 2010 11:17 am

Hm... The bid(or ask) price is highlighted on the price scale (however when the price is scrolled to the end, but it is easy to fix). Click on the price opens "Market Order" dialog. Click below/above this price opens "Entry Order" dialog.

I think it's better to improve this functionality rather than introduce another entity. As far as I know, here is the following problems:
1) Only one price is visible (either bid or ask price) (must be: both prices or the price + spread must be visble).
2) The price is visible only when the chart is scrolled (must be: the price must be visible always)
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby LordTwig » Thu May 27, 2010 11:43 am

If you right click current price for market order or click above or below current price for entry order, it is not the one click funtionallity of just clicking price panel bid/ask, besides doing so also locks screen from user, it is just bad functionally, would be better with active price panel in chart.

Price panels are already detachable but they stay on top of screen regardless of chart open-viewing.
So just need to be able to attached to appropriate charts

LordTwig
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Thu May 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Ok, I got your point. I'm not sure that the FXCM will agree to include this feature into the nearest release, but I'll try to push it into the dev. queue.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Discussions