Looking who can builde a custom indicator

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Looking who can builde a custom indicator

Postby dariusxxx » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:53 am

Hello, I am looking who can builde for me custom indicator. If any body will be interesting, or knowing who can do for me, please let me know. Thank you
email wizedee@hotmail.com
dariusxxx

Re: Looking who can builde a custom indicator

Postby admin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:55 pm

If you just need a new indicator and don't mind if the source code will be placed on this forum, you can just describe your idea here.

In case you would like to have the indicator implemented for your own private usage, we can provide the development services for $100/hour. For an estimation - the indicator like MVA takes approximately 15 minutes to develop, the indicator with complex but formal math like ichimoku take approximately 1 hour. The indicator like... hm.. usage of FFT on the prices for forecast can take 1-2 days. So, it depends on the task.
admin
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby LordTwig » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:15 pm

admin wrote:If you just need a new indicator and don't mind if the source code will be placed on this forum, you can just describe your idea here.

In case you would like to have the indicator implemented for your own private usage, we can provide the development services for $100/hour. For an estimation - the indicator like MVA takes approximately 15 minutes to develop, the indicator with complex but formal math like ichimoku take approximately 1 hour. The indicator like... hm.. usage of FFT on the prices for forecast can take 1-2 days. So, it depends on the task.

Hi there,

On the serious side of things,

If I pay someone to make an Indicator, how private is it actually?

My understanding is I will fully own it and the rights to excluded others from it? ie; it is an original - unique.

Can it be leaked out to others at all?

What happens if I have a great Indicator and make a fortune with it?

Can anyone here at Fxcodebase, or at FXCM go through my trading history and Developer stuff like Indicators & Programs to try to obtain information how, what & when I trade.

If a trader has been getting consistantly great percentage gains, does that raise a 'Flag' on FXCM's systems. ie;are all traders and their accounts watched?

Like for example, I have account of $100 only, I ask and pay developer to make build me a brilliant Indicator from my own thoughts and ideas. I use such Indicator and turn $100 account into $1,000,000 account in one year (what the heck, even if it was ten years) who would know about it?

Regards
LordTwig
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:36 pm

LordTwig wrote:If I pay someone to make an Indicator, how private is it actually? Can it be leaked out to others at all?

Like any project developed for money there is one simple strong rule: if you pay - you own. It will be never shown, published or reused unless you do it.

LordTwig wrote:Can anyone here at Fxcodebase, or at FXCM go through my trading history and Developer stuff like Indicators & Programs to try to obtain information how, what & when I trade.

fxcodebase is not an official part of FXCM, so we can't.
moreover, almost all FXCM employers aren't authorized to see how did you trade. The only way to looks how do you trade is if you show it, for example publishing the Combined Account Statement report.

LordTwig wrote:Like for example, I have account of $100 only, I ask and pay developer to make build me a brilliant Indicator from my own thoughts and ideas. I use such Indicator and turn $100 account into $1,000,000 account in one year (what the heck, even if it was ten years) who would know about it?

You and nobody else. Developers have no access to your (or anybody else's) trading history. Probably (but I'm not sure), some persons in FXCM such as auditors are authorized to look at your trading history, but they don't see how did you decide, using an indicator, a strategy or your intuition.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Discussions