Simple query

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Simple query

Postby wuguy68 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:21 am

Hi,

Is it possible to build an indicator which shows when the price on a 1-minute chart change by more than 10 pips?

Thanks
Marcus
wuguy68
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Simple query

Postby TonyMod » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:15 pm

wuguy68 wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to build an indicator which shows when the price on a 1-minute chart change by more than 10 pips?

Thanks
Marcus

Hello wuguy68,

I don't know if such alerts can be done with an indicator. Theoretically this is possible, but i need some time to find out for sure. I will forward your request to developers and see what they can do. I'll get back to you to let you know if such indicator can be made.

Cheers,

TonyMod
Best Regards,

"TonyMod"
(FXCodeBase.com Forum Moderator)
TonyMod
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby TonyMod » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:14 pm

wuguy68 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Marcus

Hello Marcus,

Maybe we misunderstood your request, but you didn't specify much details. Within the abilities of MarketScope Charts our developers made 2 indicators in LUA which you can use. No official name for this indicator, they just called it "Trigger", if you want you can change the name in source code of LUA. It works in form of Oscillator, 'cause i believe its only way it can be done now.

This indicator analyzes the difference between the prices with amount of N-pips you specify. If price has moved up by more than N-pips then Oscillator draws an up line, if the price has moved down more than by N-pips Oscillator will draw a down line.

There are 2 files, essentially its a same indicator, only difference is the rates that are compared, and it's configured for 10 pips by default.:
TriggerOsc1-HighLow.lua
Compares High and Low rates for N-pips difference
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 960 times

TriggerOsc2-CloseOpen.lua
Compares Open and Close rates for N-pips difference
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 944 times

SCREENSHOT:
Trigger.jpg
Screen Shot of this Indicator.

Let me know if this is what you wanted, if not then please be more specific and explain details.

Hope you find it useful Marcus,

Cheers,

TonyMod
Best Regards,

"TonyMod"
(FXCodeBase.com Forum Moderator)
TonyMod

Postby LordTwig » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 am

Hi there,

I downloaded and tried this but you have to modify it as it has a calculation error.

open in editor and where it say this:
-- multiplied by 10 because of the MarketScope defect: retrieved pipSize is the real pipSize divided by 10.
local pipsize = source:pipSize() * 10;

Change it to this:
-- multiplied by 10 because of the MarketScope defect: retrieved pipSize is the real pipSize divided by 10.
local pipsize = source:pipSize();

ie; remove the ' * 10' bit, as it is incorrect, 1 pip = 1 pip when this is done, otherwise 1 pip = 10 pips, 10 pips = 100 pips.

This might possibly have been what you had to do before a Markscope update fixed the problem.

Goodluck
LordTwig
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Oh, thank for notice. Yes, the error in the Marketscope which causes this change is already fixed.

The updated files are below:
TriggerOsc1-HighLow.lua
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 977 times

TriggerOsc2-CloseOpen.lua
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 946 times
Nikolay.Gekht

Return to Discussions