Moving Average Crossover Alert

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Moving Average Crossover Alert

Postby Jerry77 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:08 am

Can you please create an alert, that would make a sound when the 5EMA crosses the 20SMA?
Jerry77
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Moving Average Crossover Alert

Postby TonyMod » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Jerry77 wrote:Can you please create an alert, that would make a sound when the 5EMA crosses the 20SMA?

Hello Jerry77,

I don't think at this point its possible to do that simply inside the indicator. MarketScope charts do not support that type of functionality.

Cheers,

TonyMod
Best Regards,

"TonyMod"
(FXCodeBase.com Forum Moderator)
TonyMod
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby arunaa » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Can you make it send a message or a sound like a beep,such as the beep when any entry orders goes through ,or anything to alert the user..i feel i miss most of the strong buy or sell signal because of the absence of these alerts as I am not able to sit in front of my computer 24hrs a day..An email or message or a sound would be plenty useful..

Arun
arunaa

Postby TonyMod » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:36 pm

arunaa wrote:Can you make it send a message or a sound like a beep,such as the beep when any entry orders goes through ,or anything to alert the user..i feel i miss most of the strong buy or sell signal because of the absence of these alerts as I am not able to sit in front of my computer 24hrs a day..An email or message or a sound would be plenty useful..

Arun

Yeah i understand what you mean. But see the thing is, as of right now "Trading Station" or "MarketScope 2.0" do not support creating alerts/notifications to users/traders. It is possible though for a programmer to write small piece of software to do that..... Let me speak to developers and see if we can help you in any way. I'll get back to you.

Cherrs,

TonyMod
Best Regards,

"TonyMod"
TonyMod

Postby arunaa » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to do the alert when EMA's cross...I am looking forward to your new indicator with alerts..
That would be really helpful..

Arun
arunaa

Postby TonyMod » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:39 pm

arunaa wrote:Hi,
Is it possible to do the alert when EMA's cross...I am looking forward to your new indicator with alerts..
That would be really helpful..

Arun

Hi guys,

I spoke to developers about having a possibility to do this now, and they said that its not possible to create alerts and trading signals, its strictly for display on the charts. I think new functionality will support such trading signals, but for now its not possible. I have no date on next release yet, but we will post it on this forum.

Cheers.
Best Regards,

"TonyMod"
TonyMod

Return to Discussions