question about cycle identifier indicator for markesope

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

question about cycle identifier indicator for markesope

Postby ponzmedulla » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:24 am

Hi admin guys,

i have a question abot the cycle identifier you made for marketscope. if you wuld be so kind as to shedding some light on my inquiry.

1.once the indicator signals a cycletop or cycle bottom, it may still disappear if price action goes against it, right? now my question is, how does this affect the signal of the cyletop or cycle bottom preceding it? am i correct to say that once a signa appears, theone efore it will no longer disappear..

2.a minor signal may not go beyond a major signal unless current price direction started with a major signal, right? e.g. cycle identifier signal a major buy, then price goes up for while making minor buy and minor sell signals along the way. noneo these minor buy signal can go below the major buy signal because we dont have a major sell signal yet. is this right?

3.lastly, can you point me to a link where can find reading material on how to use and interpret the indicator?

thank alot..
ponzmedulla

Re: question about cycle identifier indicator for markesope

Postby jefftrader » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:58 am

i have used this indicator extensively and the bottom line is that it repaints. it is looking for swing highs and lows. when it identifies one of them it marks it. however, if price action continues to rise or fall and then creates a subsequent high or low shortly after the prior cycle identifier the prior one will disappear (repaint) and a new one will appear. also, if price action during a period is fluctuating it can (and will) repeatedly paint a cycle indicator and then take it away. back and forth until the bar closes. i still think it is a good indicator, you just need to use confirming indicators with it.

hope this helps.

jefftrader
jefftrader

Return to Discussions