Separating Fibonacci Tools

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Separating Fibonacci Tools

Postby nazaar » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Hello,

May I suggest separating the Fibonacci tools? At present all the fib options are under the same icon and all are governed by the same default settings. Changing the default settings for fib retracement also changes the default settings for fib expansion.

It is can be confusing when the retracement levels are the same colour as the expansion levels and it becomes time consuming to change the settings each time a new fib is drawn.

Thanks in advance.
nazaar
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Re: Separating Fibonacci Tools

Postby Ekaterina » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi nazaar,

May I suggest separating the Fibonacci tools?

Yes, of course! We highly appreciate feedback and suggestions from the customers. I am not sure that Fibonacci tools will be under the different icons, because this will require more space in the toolbar. But as for the second suggestion, I think that can be useful.

Anyway, I will forward all your suggestions to the appropriate department.

Best regards,
Ekaterina
Ekaterina

Postby nazaar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Ekaterina wrote: - I am not sure that Fibonacci tools will be under the different icons, because this will require more space in the toolbar.

- But as for the second suggestion, I think that can be useful.

Anyway, I will forward all your suggestions to the appropriate department.

Hello Ekaterina, thanks for the response.

1st - I wish we had more options with the tool bar to add or remove icons thereby allowing each user to define their tool bar size and quantity. I would prefer to have more direct indicator icons in the tool bar to quickly activate or deactivate them--this would reduce a lot of clicks and searching.
Is it possible now to customize which options appear in the "Add or Remove Buttons" menu of the tool bar?

2nd - Regarding the Fib tool at present the user may choose to extend the start and or end line and choose whether to display price and or fib levels. Really cool! I must say, there are some other nice user customized options in the fib tool, like adding or removing fib levels and sort - again excellent!

I would like to further suggest the user has the option to display the price or fib level either at the start or end of the fib level lines (this functionality already exist on Pivot levels.) Often the price or fib level is hard to see within the bars, even with "show in background" deselected.

And finally, ideally it would be preferred if the default setting were different when PT A is greater than Point B versus when the PT A is less than the PT B. Please see attached image.

Thanks very kindly and take care!
Attachments
fib levels.png
nazaar

Postby Ekaterina » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:01 am

Hi nazaar,

Is it possible now to customize which options appear in the "Add or Remove Buttons" menu of the tool bar?

No, currently it is not possible.

Thanks again for all you suggestions! I will forward them to the appropriate department.

Best regards,
Ekaterina
Ekaterina

Re: Fibonacci retracement vs. Extension tool

Postby nazaar » Mon May 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Hello, how are you?

In the Fib extension tool it's nice to be able to customize the different extension points by color, line width and style.
Setting the default color in the extension tool is no longer linked to the default color of the fib retracement tool, :D .

However, setting the wave line color and trend line color is still linked between the two tools. That is, when you change the default color on Fib retracement it also changes it to the same default for the extension tool.

Also, will the line coloring, width and style option be added to the Fibonnaci retracement tool?
nazaar

Return to Discussions