Implementing the USDX in a Strategy

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Implementing the USDX in a Strategy

Postby Carse0 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:09 am

I've tried to implement the USDX indicator in a strategy with no success. In every attempt including the strategy wizard, I get "offer not found," on line 138. "t.data = host:execute("getHistory", index, t.instrument, source:barSize() , from, to, source:isBid());" in the USDX indicator,

on the update in the strategy -- Indicator:update(core.UpdateLast);

Is it possible to implement the USDX in a strategy?
Carse0

Re: Implementing the USDX in a Strategy

Postby Valeria » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:19 am

Hi Carse0,

We have tried to replicate the issue, but we have not managed to do that yet.
Please make sure that your Trading Station is subscribed to all necessary instruments for work of the indicator (EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, USD/SEK and USD/CHF). As I know, the indicator should not work on the tick charts. Please check the parameters of the strategy.
Could you please specify the version of the indicator you use or give the link to download it.
Also it would be great if you provided us with the Strategy Wizard project file, you can send it me via PM.
Valeria

Postby Carse0 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:53 am

Yes, the tick data with the USDX, doesn't work, therefore, I couldn't get the UDSX to work as an input stream to the MACD.

Unless there is a way to convert bar data to tick and then use it as input to the MACD..., or something?
Carse0

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:43 pm

This is not possible if the data is not provided from server.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Discussions