Can Indicator be used for Auto Trading in MarketScope

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Can Indicator be used for Auto Trading in MarketScope

Postby LordTwig » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 pm

G'day,

Why cant MarketScope Trading Stationll Auto Trade from buy or sell signals generated from indicator?.... or can it??

I would have thought this would be easy ie;indicator signals a 'BUY' bar so market order is sent/placed on same Marketscope Trading Platform as Indicator to 'buy' the required product at the users set parameters for lotsize, stop, limit!!

My logic say's that if you can grab and display data to and from Marketscope Tradestation then you should be able to do same with trade orders!!....Why not?
1) Is it imposibble??
2) Is it too hard to program??
3) Is it that FXCM doesn't want it to do it??
if (3) why not??

If it can, how soon can we have it or get the update?

If it can't, why not?... why do traders have to use other less stable or slow Platforms minus features of Marketscope (according FXCM to forums), and traders basically have to become programmers to be able to do it.

Wow that would be fantastic, an all in one Platform!!

Cheers
LordTwig
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Can Indicator be used for Auto Trading in MarketScope

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:45 am

Hi!

This a good question and if I had many such requests two years ago, it could be easier to "break trough" the resistance for auto-trading features earlier. Unfortunately, were allowed to start this feature only in the end of 2009. :-(

Right now marketscope can't autotrade at all. (Heh, it can sound like a joke, but the first version of Marketscope, which finished to be supported in 2003 could!). It is sorrowful

The 2010-II beta version got a new feature, the signals, which, in fact, are a good stub for further autotrading. A signal can monitor various instruments in various timeframes and show textual or audible signlals. This is 1/3 of work.

We have to do the rest of work:

1) We need to have an ability to read trading data (account, orders, trades, summary) and put orders.

2) We need to have at least a simple backtesting immediately in the marketscope application.

I think we need 2-3 releases to create this functionality completely. I believe that fxcodebase can be a good idea generation, discussion and testing place for this new features. Up to me, it is extremely important to have a direct contact with real traders to create the autotrading in the way which is the most convenient for further users.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Robin.hc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi,Mr.Nikolay.Gekht

i am a programmer from china,also a faithful trader of fxcm.
In various needs of auto-trading function/Fxcm TS-II module,i wonder if i could develop it by my self.
in your previous reply,"we have done the 1/3 work." there are two work left:

1,read trading data (account, orders, trades, summary) and put orders.
---i have read the indicoreCOM documentation file,it seems interfaces of trading data(account,orders...etc) are not listed,can i get these interfaces?

2,a simple backtesting immediately in the marketscope application.
---compared to the first issue,it's an easy work,an attachment,a perfection.would you please give me some details,ideas on this issue? so we can comunicate with our each opinion.

thanks a lot.
Robin.hc

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Welcome to our forum!

---i have read the indicoreCOM documentation file,it seems interfaces of trading data(account,orders...etc) are not listed,can i get these interfaces?

It depends on how fast you would like to start. Right now you can use create the strategy as an separate application, using IndicoreCOM for calculating the indicator and Order2Go for accessing the trading information and operations (another API developed and supported by our team, which can be accessed here: http://www.fxprogrammers.com).

As I wrote, we're working on the moving a part of the trading functionality to the Marketscope, so you can develop and run the strategies immediately in the marketscope application. I expect the first beta of the interface which provides the trading information (accounts, orders, trader, summary, trading history) for the indicators and signals, in five-six weeks. Then we will start developing the trading operations, which will take another three-two months.

If you would like to participate in discussing and testing beta versions, you are definitely welcome. I'll publish all interfaces before the implementation starts, so we can discuss them and will provide the beta as soon as it is possible.
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby LordTwig » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:34 am

Hi Robin & Nikolay,

As a trader, I would also like to have included in the 'Auto Trading Platform' the ability to open & close trades at a specific 'TIME' (or at least a 'market order' placed at that specific time) to enter/exit a trade. ie; at the 'Open' & at the 'Close'. I know that trades are priced based, but cannot understand why an 'order' cannot be generated at a particular time.

The sooner we get auto trading in Marketscope the better.

cheers
LordTwig
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:12 am

The sooner we get auto trading in Marketscope the better.

:-) You don't need convince me. I know.

All our valuable friends on the forum can easily haste the autotrading development process. All we need is a clear request which say that Marketscope is a platform the users want to work with and the only thing they eager to have is autotrading. If FXCM's representative will see such information in the support requests (and they will in case at least ten such requests come to support and/or is published on the forums the marketing monitors) - it will much easier to have the autotrading in the official expectation list, so to haste the development.
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby tallah343 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:42 am

Ah well it seems quite odd to me because we have indicators in sense of advisors in the market and our brain? isn't this an indicator?? hmm? the thing which you have described and you wanted to be done will be very difficult for those who are owning huge amount of shares in the market they will never want any body to know the secrets so this thing is some how impossible well somebody can try but you never know about the people up there when they change their mind and your planning thinkings go totallllllllllllllly wrong and they turn the tables
tallah343

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:05 am

tallah343 wrote:isn't this an indicator??

No one trading terminal mix the indicator and the trading strategy in the same place. In MT4 you have indicator and advisors, in Omega TS - indicators and strategies. So, we do not plan to change anything in minds. :-) Just because indicator is not the same as advisor. And the things I described does not change at all from those on which are currently in the market. I just described it rather from the programmers' prospective (this certain topic is rather for programmers). :-) So, don't be in panic. No revolutions is excepted here. :-)
Nikolay.Gekht

Return to Discussions