How to use Marketscope on Weekends

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

How to use Marketscope on Weekends

Postby LordTwig » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:09 am

Hey you guy's/gals

I have read in these forums several times complaining that can't use Marketscope on weekends or non trading days.

Well technically you cannot, BUT however, if you open and load all charts that you might want to use over weekend for testing purposes and DON'T exit or logout of platform and don't turn off computer (standby or hibenation is fine) then you can.

Doing this you can at least continue to test your Indicators (cannot adjust any orders or stops) and can only basically backtest your indicators, or see if they load and is what you anticipated, which is all you really need.

I would suggest using a DEMO account for this if you don't wish your LIVE account to stay logged in.

I do this all the time, and only have problem if computer crashes or kids shutdown computer (then even I have to wait til next trading day.

You can do this too Nikolay,

Your quote here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=258&p=392 "I'll double check the formulas as soon as market is open this Monday and I will be able to run Marketscope again (sorrowful, but while the market is closed it is impossible even for me)."unquote.

Regards
LordTwig
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: How to use Marketscope on Weekends

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:21 am

Here is a simpler way. Just save the charts File->Save Chart As->Chart Snapshot.
Then, during the untrading hours you can open these files even if the trade station is not logged in.

Unfortunately, it does not help to test the indicators which requires loading the additional data, such as Pivot.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Discussions