Trading History indicator ?

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Trading History indicator ?

Postby gg_frx » Sun May 09, 2010 3:30 am

Hi guys,
i like the possibility added some time ago to look at past trades (show trading history option) but this option is limited for current day only, or two at max.
For sure you know that there is the possibility to download a report in html or excel format of all past trades and profit and loss and so on.
So, is it possible to draw an "indicator" that look in that xls file (or a txt file formatted in a particular way, based on that data, created with a new macro ...), and plot on the chart the entry and exit point ?
I think that this is very useful for studying where, when and why a trade was in profit but more important where, when and why ... not :lol:
I like too the possibility to have an equity line, plotted in a new window under the chart ... or directly on the chart i don't know. ..
Do you think that is possibe to do something ?
Thanks ;)
gg_frx
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Trading History indicator ?

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Sun May 09, 2010 10:14 am

It is possible to do it now, but you will have to enter your login parameters into the indicator, because the indicator does not have an ability to get the current credential.

The next version of the Marketscope will have access to all trading-related data immediately from the indicator, so I recommend to wait a few weeks, so we will be able to provide such indicator in the much faster and much simpler manner.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Re: Trading History indicator ?

Postby gg_frx » Sun May 09, 2010 11:37 am

Nikolay.Gekht wrote:It is possible to do it now, but you will have to enter your login parameters into the indicator, because the indicator does not have an ability to get the current credential.

in my mind, the indicator will do a search in the previously downloaded report, in excel or other formatted file on my local hard disk but ...

Nikolay.Gekht wrote:The next version of the Marketscope will have access to all trading-related data immediately from the indicator, so I recommend to wait a few weeks, so we will be able to provide such indicator in the much faster and much simpler manner.

... but no problem to wait, especially if it's simpler :D
gg_frx
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Discussions