How to calculate indicators (C# and ForexConnect)?

Use all the fxcodebase indicator in your application!

Moderator: admin

How to calculate indicators (C# and ForexConnect)?

Postby Elad Gutman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this community, so my apologies in case I'm using inaccurate terminology (or posting my question in the wrong place). Any advise is most appreciated.

I'm writing a small monitoring application listening to realtime market data (about 10 symbols), and I need also to calculate several indicators. At the moment I need four to be more accurate: ADX, +DI, -DI, PSAR.

Now, I am using the 'ForexConnect' API (and .NET framework, C#) to listen to market data. Can I (and should I) use the 'Indicore' for this purpose? In case not, is there any other package can be used to retrieve these indicators. Any code examples and documentation would be very useful.

Thank you very much,

Elad
Elad Gutman

Re: How to calculate indicators (C# and ForexConnect)?

Postby Gennadiy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:14 am

Hello, Elad,

If you required the separate application which uses ForexConnect API, you could use Indicore Development Kit version 2.1 for indicators.
Or you could write indicator using lua language. This indicator will be compatible with FXCM Trading Station (so you do not need ForexConnect in this case). For writing indicators in lua you could use Indicore SDK.
Gennadiy

Return to C++/.NET API