Export data from MarketScope

Section for all discussions related to development using Indicore API/SDK.

Moderator: admin

Export data from MarketScope

Postby tllewell » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:10 am

I use a variety of machines to code and analyze on, and I am trying to standardize on a spreadsheet I can use on Windows and Linux machines. I have rejected OpenOffice Calc and I am working with Gnumeric right now.

When I export data from MarketScope, I can export to Excel or indicore. On a machine that does not have Excel installed, the program offers to save in Excel XML format, but the file extension does not match either of the extensions Micosoft has used for its SpreadsheetML (xlsx and xls). I believe MarketScope uses .xml. What I want to know is, does the format MarketScope uses actually conform to SpreadsheetML, either 2003 or 2007, or is it "close enough" for Excel to recognize?

The reason I'm asking this here is my second question. If I export to indicore, I get a semicolon-separated csv file with some values at the end of each line that I don't recognize. On a plain file with nothing but price data on it, there are several price values after open, high, low, and close. Also, there are two values that are not price information and do not appear to be time or date information. Is there an explanation of this file format anywhere that explains these values? If not, could someone post one?
tllewell

Re: Export data from MarketScope

Postby sunshine » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:52 am

tllewell wrote:I believe MarketScope uses .xml. What I want to know is, does the format MarketScope uses actually conform to SpreadsheetML, either 2003 or 2007, or is it "close enough" for Excel to recognize?

The last one: something "close enough" for Excel to recognize.

You can find the explanation of the file format here: Price Data -> Data File Format
sunshine

Return to Discussions