Important information for multi accounts management

Section for all discussions related to development using Indicore API/SDK.

Moderator: admin

Important information for multi accounts management

Postby LeTigre30 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi to all,

Is somebody can found a solution for this :

I'm currently programming a multi accounts manager application with WinDev Language (v18).
To be correct in my "Accounts Informations Table" which shows the different managed accounts,
I need to have the "Account's Currency" used by each account.

On FxCodeBase website, I have not found the way to retrieve this information. In my logical thinking, I had believed to found this information in the Accounts Table, but nothing.

I have search in Order2Go(1.02.050508), FxConnectAPI(1.2.2) or IndicoreSDK (2.1), but nothing.

Is somebody can give me a little help ?

Kind Regards,
LeTigre30
LeTigre30
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Re: Important information for multi accounts management

Postby sunshine » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:06 am

It is available in both Orders2Go and FXConnect APIs.
Order2Go is outdated and not supported anymore.
You can use FXConnect API. Please refer to the IO2GSystemPropertiesReader class:
ForexConnect API documentation wrote:
BASE_CRNCY

The property contains the currency symbol of the base currency of the system. The base currency is the currency of the account. Margin requirements, profit/loss, account balance and equity are also expressed in the base currency units. Example of the value: USD.
sunshine

Postby LeTigre30 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am

Hi Sunshine,

Thanks a lot for your answer, I have seen the article in FxConnectAPI and Order2Go, I had searching with "Account Currency", not with "BASE_CRNCY", but for me I continue to say that it is more logical to have this information in the table "Accounts". Currently I work with Order2Go, as it is more easy to use than FxConnectAPI, (I work with COM objects).

In the same way, if I need to retrieve the BASE_CRNCY information in the TS2, to adapt it in an indicator (see http://www.fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34200#p58130), what is the command to introduce in the Indicator source code ?

Thanks for replying,
LeTigre30
LeTigre30

Postby sunshine » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:08 am

Hi LeTigre30,

Currently there is no such a function in Indicore SDK. We will include this feature in the next SDK version (2.2).
sunshine

Postby LeTigre30 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:38 am

Hi Sunshine,

Thanks for your reply.

Is the new version of Indicore SDK 2.2 will arrive with the new TS2, those is in Bêta version ?
LeTigre30

Postby Apprentice » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:10 am

New version of TS, available recently.
Supports SDK 2.1. you have to wait for the next update.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby LeTigre30 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:32 am

Hello Apprentice,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, the new TS2 has some regressions, notabily with MarketScope :
The chart application is not automatically launched at starting TS2 ; obligatory to pass via an option of the menu ; some indicators (RiskManagement) are not recognized, yesterday night I was in chating with Khirstine about this problem. But well impressioned for the speed of chart at launched time. Another problem with the new TS2, when we close correctly the platform, it does not restore the same environment we have at the time we close correctly the TS2.
LeTigre30

Postby sunshine » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:31 am

Hello LeTigre30,

We didn't manage to reproduce the issue. We have investigated what can cause this problem. It looks like the issue is related to the permissions for writing into the user's registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CandleWorks\FXTS2\Settings\$Default\Children\$Common\Children\username

Could you please check the following:
1) Reproduce the issue;
2) Create a new user (login);
3) Try to reproduce the issue with the new login on the same computer.
The issue should not happen for the new user.
sunshine

Postby sunshine » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:05 am

Please also tell me which language is applied in your Trading Station?
sunshine

Postby LeTigre30 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:12 am

Hi Apprentice,

I have created a new user : always the same.
When the new version has been installed (01.12.031913), I've created, after some difficulties to launch "Chart" (the new name of MarketScope), 4 detached charts, and also arrange the deskboard of the TS2, accordingly to my own rules (2 columns on left side, in advanced mode for the instrument list prices), and closed TS2 correctly. I launch it again : big disaster, the TS2 is always not with the last configuration (it's not too important, just for comfort), but I loose my 4 detached charts, Can you imagine if it was in Real mode ? So, I've decided to go back to the last version (01.11.011212) which is very stable, and stop the experience with the new one. Moreover, is the new TS2 is written with ForexConnectAPI ? as I've observed that some dll's are not present in the new TS2 main folder.

Bst Rgds.
LeTigre30

Next

Return to Discussions