Is there no price feed in Indicore Dev (except O2G?)?

Section for all discussions related to development using Indicore API/SDK.

Moderator: admin

Is there no price feed in Indicore Dev (except O2G?)?

Postby tllewell » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:33 pm

I did a lot of work in Order2Go several years ago, but I wasn't sorry to see it go. I never could get the hang of making it work reliably when a query was made to an empty table; none of the recommended try/catch failsafe methods worked all the time. I've been working in Indicore for the last couple of years.

I've been wanting to work in Indicore Dev, but how to do that when there doesn't seem to be an interface for downloading data? This thread in another forum(http://www.fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2474) indicates that the way to get prices is to use O2G. Is O2G still supported for getting prices? Or are we supposed to find our own price data source for Indicore Dev?
tllewell

Re: Is there no price feed in Indicore Dev (except O2G?)?

Postby sunshine » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:13 am

You can use ForexConnect API to download price data. We do not recommend using Order2Go neither for trading nor for getting prices. If you are interested, I could provide you with a simple sample which demonstrates using Indicore Dev with ForexConnect.
You can find more information about ForexConect API on this section in our wiki:
http://www.fxcodebase.com/wiki/index.ph ... rexConnect
sunshine

Postby tllewell » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:26 pm

I am beginning to look at that. I had thought of ForexConnect as a FIX protocol SDK and Indicore Dev as a DIY MarketScope, so I assumed that getting prices was part of the latter. I guess not. Yes, I'd like to see an example of using ForexConnect and IndicoreDev together.

Thanks,
Ted
tllewell

Postby sunshine » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 am

Please find the example in the attachment. The sample performs the following actions:
1. Login.
2. Read history from the CSV file specified as an application argument. The file can be received from Marketscope (File->Export to Indicore SDK command).
If CSV data is not enough for indicator calculation or it is not specified, the application requests and downloads price data via ForexConnect.
3. Set IndicoreManager to use FXConnectHost IHost implementation.
4. Get and configure the PIVOT indicator.
5. Wait for the indicator to retrieve additional price data.
6. Print out indicator output.
You can find additional instructions in the ReadMe.txt file.
Attachments
ForexConnectHost.zip
(29.1 KiB) Downloaded 1396 times
sunshine

Return to Discussions