How to Configure SendEmail Functionality

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Re: How to Configure SendEmail Functionality

Postby mstreck » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi sunshine,

I use smtp.1und1.de with port 587. The ISP does not support SSL (which according to the menu is the protocol MarketScope uses for secure connection). My IPS only supports unencrypted or TLS protocol. I do not want to use port 25 to protect my password.
Above configuration works fine with Microsoft Outlook (not the 1&1 version) and also StrategyTrader.

So, I configure smtp.1und1.de:587 and no secure connection, but this does not appear to work. Any clue?

Thanks for your help,
Martin
mstreck
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby sunshine » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:20 am

Thanks for your report.
We will open the account with 1und1.de to test the issue.
sunshine

Postby mstreck » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi,

Any update on this email problem?

Thanks,
Martin
mstreck
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby sunshine » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:31 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.
The developers have finished working on the EmailConfigurator application. It is intended to simplify configuring of the SendEmail functionality. I hope it will help you to configure sending emails. We will publich the application asap. I'll keep you informed.
sunshine

Postby FYMDGLV » Sun May 01, 2016 3:35 pm

I had a lot of issue setting up my Gmail account on FXCM TS2 platform. I finally figured out what the problem was. Hope this helps those of you who are still having problems:

Open Gmail/ Settings (Top Right)/ Forwarding and Pop Imap (Top Middle of the page)/ Configuration Instructions (Blue Link in Pop Download Row). Here you get all the SMTP settings which you will be using.

If you have activated two step verification on your Gmail account, you cannot use the password that you use to get into your Gmail. You need a special password generated by Gmail instead.

Clink on "Accounts and Imports" link (Blue on the top middle of the page)/Other Google Accounts Settings (Blue Link 4 lines below)/Sign in and Security (Left Hand Side)/ App Password (Below Two Step Verification). Now create a new password for App which you will get to name something like FXCM. Copy that password and use it in the TS2 Email Configuration instead of your email password. (there are two port options. One of the two should work.
FYMDGLV

Postby explorerr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 am

FYMDGLV wrote:I had a lot of issue setting up my Gmail account on FXCM TS2 platform. I finally figured out what the problem was. Hope this helps those of you who are still having problems:

Open Gmail/ Settings (Top Right)/ Forwarding and Pop Imap (Top Middle of the page)/ Configuration Instructions (Blue Link in Pop Download Row). Here you get all the SMTP settings which you will be using.

If you have activated two step verification on your Gmail account, you cannot use the password that you use to get into your Gmail. You need a special password generated by Gmail instead.

Clink on "Accounts and Imports" link (Blue on the top middle of the page)/Other Google Accounts Settings (Blue Link 4 lines below)/Sign in and Security (Left Hand Side)/ App Password (Below Two Step Verification). Now create a new password for App which you will get to name something like FXCM. Copy that password and use it in the TS2 Email Configuration instead of your email password. (there are two port options. One of the two should work.

Thank you ! This is the most effective method I can do so far. I've successfully configured my mail.
explorerr

Postby Avignon » Thu May 14, 2020 11:46 am

Hello,

Is there an address that goes well?

I am currently at orange.fr, it works fine but I have a problem with the management of my order. I tried outlook.fr and laposte.net, impossible to validate.

I need a simple one, free, even with a small size since it's for signals.

No Gmail!

Thanks.
Avignon
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Avignon » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:02 pm

FYMDGLV wrote:I had a lot of issue setting up my Gmail account on FXCM TS2 platform. I finally figured out what the problem was. Hope this helps those of you who are still having problems:

This parameter is no longer available.

A word of advice: as long as it works, don't touch anything!
Avignon
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Previous

Return to General Discussions