How to Configure SendEmail Functionality

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Re: How to Configure SendEmail Functionality

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:06 am

Please check whether your email provider has some "throttling". Many of them has limitation of the emails can be sent in some time period, for no more than 10 emails per hour, just to protect from spammers.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby bluemoon » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:45 pm

I tried all following but no luck... :? :oops: How to configure Gmail SMTP with Marketscope 2.0?

SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP User: my gmail address
SMTP Pws: ***
Use Secure Connection: No
From Address: my gmail address
Default Email Address: my gmail address

SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
Use Secure Connection: Yes

SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com:465

SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com:587

bluemoon

Postby sunshine » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:14 pm

You can find the correct SMTP settings for gmail here:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... swer=13287

That is, the following settings should work:

SMTP User: your full email address (including @gmail.com)
SMTP Psw: your Gmail password
From Address: your full email address (including @gmail.com)
Default Email Address: your full email address (including @gmail.com)
or
SMTP User: your full email address (including @gmail.com)
SMTP Psw: your Gmail password
From Address: your full email address (including @gmail.com)
Default Email Address: your full email address (including @gmail.com)
    There can be a number of reasons on why sending of emails failed. I'd recommend you to check the following:
    1. Make sure that you type full email address (including @gmail.com) for the parameter SMTP user and for the parameters From/Default address.
    2. Make sure that you set the parameter Send email to Yes in the Strategy Properties:
      prop.PNG
    3. Many cable or broadband Internet providers forbid using STMP servers except their own SMTP server, regardless which email provider you are actually using. So, please check whether your Internet provider requires any specific settings for off-line email clients.
      Please find a configuration information for a number of popular Internet providers below: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3034#p7057
    4. In addition to the Internet service provider restriction, many companies also restrict usage of the mail servers inside their networks. Often only the corporate mail server and corporate email can be used inside the company network. Please ask the system administrator about the email settings. Please also read: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3034#p7058
    I hope this will help.
    sunshine

Postby rackdaemon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm trying to set up a price alert that will send me a text on my phone. I have it working, but it keeps sending every time the price is crossed. I have recurring set to "no". What am I missing?
    rackdaemon

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:26 am

The option "Recurrent" determines whether the sound will be looped when it is played.
    This option does not determine whether the sound will be played for the first cross or for all crosses.
    It is possible to make such a setting by changing the code of the signal. You can post a request for developers in the section Indicator and Signal Requests on this site.
    sunshine

Postby knguyen576 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:22 am

Hi friends.

I would like to know :

1/ When using the email alert option, The TS2 has to be online at all time (actively connecting to server) ? .

2/ Can i be able to log-off the TS2 when a signal/strategy is running and still be able to monitor for a signal/strategy alert in order for sending out an email alert ?

The reason I am asking these questions because I don't want to leave my computer on 24/5 days and open the TS2 on without my attention .

Thank you in advance for letting me know the answers.
    knguyen576

Postby Exolon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:56 pm

knguyen576 wrote:2/ Can i be able to log-off the TS2 when a signal/strategy is running and still be able to monitor for a signal/strategy alert in order for sending out an email alert ?

The reason I am asking these questions because I don't want to leave my computer on 24/5 days and open the TS2 on without my attention .

TS2 is the thing that runs your signals and strategies.
    If you log off or quit TS2, then your signals and strategies are not running, and it (of course) can't send you emails either.
    Exolon

Postby sunshine » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:11 am

Exolon is right. FXTS must be running to be able to send out email alerts. I believe using a virtual private server (VPS) can solve this problem. A VPS is a third party computer designed to leave software running continuously on remote computer, which can be accessed online. Just google "VPS".
    sunshine

Postby mstreck » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi,

Is MarketScope Email-Sending function using SSL or TSL protocol for secure connection?

My gmail account works fine, my ISP's account does not, regardless whether check the option of secure connection or not. Any other thought on why it does not send on my ISP's email account? The ISP is 1&1 in Germany (www.1und1.de).

Thanks,
    Martin
    mstreck
    FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby sunshine » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:53 pm

mstreck wrote:Is MarketScope Email-Sending function using SSL or TSL protocol for secure connection?

Marketscope has an option 'Use secure connection' that defines which protocol is used (SSL or TSL) (File -> Options -> Strategies Options).

mstreck wrote:My gmail account works fine, my ISP's account does not, regardless whether check the option of secure connection or not. Any other thought on why it does not send on my ISP's email account? The ISP is 1&1 in Germany (http://www.1und1.de).

Please tell which value you set for the 'SMTP server address' option in Strategies Options (including port number).
    Please also tell which plan (tariff) you are using. As I see 1&1 provides 'outlook' which is not supported by Marketscope: http://hosting.1und1.de/outlook-exchang ... 1206219521
    sunshine

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions