Bug Reporting

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Re: Bug Reporting

Postby robocod » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:16 am

A few of my customers have reported stability issues with the new version of TS2. The general flavour of issues seems to be:

1) TS2 doesn't exit properly when requested (it just hangs and has to be closed down manually). When it is restarted, the window settings have usually reset to defaults.

2) MarkScope windows crash, for no apparent reason. The customer opens a new instance of MarketScope to continue work. Sometime later when TS2 is restarted, multiple instances of MarketScope are opened (presumably the original one that crashed and the replacement). In the case of multiple crashes this will open up multiple copies of MarketScope next time TS2 is restarted.

I'm trying to collate more information. Is there any information I can ask them to provide you (e.g. dump or log files or something)?
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Alexey.Pechurin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:09 am

Hello robocod,

2) MarkScope windows crash, for no apparent reason. The customer opens a new instance of MarketScope to continue work. Sometime later when TS2 is restarted, multiple instances of MarketScope are opened (presumably the original one that crashed and the replacement). In the case of multiple crashes this will open up multiple copies of MarketScope next time TS2 is restarted.

The issue with opening of the old crashed Marketscope after relogin is already fixed in the developer version of 2016-R1 release. We added ability to restart crashed Marketscope in its last state.

To understand the causes of problems we need at first crash reports. The users can send these reports using TS provided functionality. We receive logs and crash dumps in this case. Or you can send them to us by email. We try to investigate incoming reports.

Alexey
Alexey.Pechurin

Postby robocod » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:14 am

Alexey.Pechurin wrote:Hello robocod,

The issue with opening of the old crashed Marketscope after relogin is already fixed in the developer version of 2016-R1 release. We added ability to restart crashed Marketscope in its last state.

To understand the causes of problems we need at first crash reports. The users can send these reports using TS provided functionality. We receive logs and crash dumps in this case. Or you can send them to us by email. We try to investigate incoming reports.

Alexey

I think the option to send a dump by mail only occurs is TS2 crashes? If just an instance of MarketScope crashes, I don't think one is generated (at least I don't recall seeing a pop-up). In this case is there a manual way to send a dump (or alternatively, which folders/files do you need to be zipped and emailed)?
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Alexey.Pechurin » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:30 am

I think the option to send a dump by mail only occurs is TS2 crashes? If just an instance of MarketScope crashes, I don't think one is generated (at least I don't recall seeing a pop-up). In this case is there a manual way to send a dump (or alternatively, which folders/files do you need to be zipped and emailed)?

If a crash occurred then we show the same error report dialog and a user can send a crash report. But other problems possible, for example Marketscope window can hang for 5 seconds and then it closes. It's better to investigate cause of such problems - especially if they occur often - individually.
Alexey.Pechurin

Postby mechanicjon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:38 am

Having some of the same issues. Today I had 15 marketscopes open then I logged in.
mechanicjon

Postby Bebbspoke » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:38 pm

Valeria wrote:Hi robocod,

The answer was posted in this thread:
http://www.dailyfx.com/forex_forum/fxcm ... ost1760734

Hi Valeria: -

I can no longer access the dailyfx.com forum pages - various emails to their forum help pages (via moderator@ or info@ remain unanswered.

TS2 App "New Candle Alert" does not give count-down to next candle window in chart (as I believe is available in MT4)- it only bleeps at next candle... which is not as either expected or hoped...

TS2 App "Trading Session Hours" claims download & install OK but cannot be found in "Alerts & Trading Automation"...

TS2 // MS still having "hang" problems (apologies to Julia) but when it hangs I cannot achieve access to log files to forward for analysis...

& finally; - I am fed up with attempts to achieve a WORKING demo of MT4!!!

Trading ought to be a relatively simple task of observing the market(s) and acting accordingly...
... Please; - Trading should NOT involve fighting with recalcitrant software!

Cheers,
Bebbspoke
Bebbspoke
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby ainelle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:48 am

Hello,

I have a problem with the field "Com" in Trade table. It is supposed to return the comm, but it always contains nil value, even for instruments that should contain a value else than Zero (i.e for EUR/USD, it should be 0.06) .
At least, the field should be set to 0, but never nil. Perhaps, it is just a matter of spelling.
Here is the link of the helper :http://www.fxcodebase.com/bin/beta/IndicoreSDK-3.0/help/web-content.html#TTTrades.html

Regards,
Ainelle
ainelle

Postby Julia CJ » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:26 am

Hello Bebbspoke,

TS2 App "New Candle Alert" does not give count-down to next candle window in chart (as I believe is available in MT4)- it only bleeps at next candle... which is not as either expected or hoped...

Unfortunately, function "give count-down to next candle window in chart" should not exist.

TS2 App "Trading Session Hours" claims download & install OK but cannot be found in "Alerts & Trading Automation"...
You need to attach this indicator to a chart.

TS2 // MS still having "hang" problems (apologies to Julia) but when it hangs I cannot achieve access to log files to forward for analysis...

But in this case it should be without problem.
Please try to find the log files here:
(C:\ProgramFiles\Candleworks\FXTS2\log)

Thank you.
Julia CJ

Postby Julia CJ » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:13 am

Hello Ainelle,

We have reproduced this issue. It will be fixed in the nearest time.
Thank you for information.
Julia CJ

Postby robocod » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:58 am

There seems to be a bug (or change) with the "interop" feature in the SDK.

It seems to work ok in an indicator, but when inside a strategy it does no seem to find all the indicators present. It finds some, but not all. I tried to see some pattern for the ones it finds and does not, but I couldn't see one. It seems somewhat random.

Code snippet is here:

Code: Select all
local num = interop:size();
        host:trace(num);
        for i = 0, num-1 do
            local j = interop:instance(i);
            host:trace(j:name());
            if (j:name() == indicatorName and j:isIndicator()) then
                indicatorInstance = j;
                break;
            end
        end