Bug Reporting

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Re: Bug Reporting

Postby p_maltsev » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:45 am

Hi robocod,

robocod wrote:Another bug that I reported some time ago, and I was told it was fixed - but it isn't.

When I try to move stops on the chart (i.e. by dragging a stop loss line on the chart) I find that as soon as I hit the "OK" the stop loss snaps back to its original position - i.e. unchanged. If I adjust the stops by entering a number in the dialogue or by using the up/down spinner it works fine. This happens quite regularly - not every time, but maybe 1 in 4. It might happen with limit orders too - not sure.

Unfortunately we could not recreate your issue. Could you please clarify what Trading Station version do you use?
p_maltsev

Postby robocod » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:33 am

p_maltsev wrote:Hi robocod,

robocod wrote:Another bug that I reported some time ago, and I was told it was fixed - but it isn't.

When I try to move stops on the chart (i.e. by dragging a stop loss line on the chart) I find that as soon as I hit the "OK" the stop loss snaps back to its original position - i.e. unchanged. If I adjust the stops by entering a number in the dialogue or by using the up/down spinner it works fine. This happens quite regularly - not every time, but maybe 1 in 4. It might happen with limit orders too - not sure.

Unfortunately we could not recreate your issue. Could you please clarify what Trading Station version do you use?

Version 01.13.011415

I had discussed this before on email with Valeria. Here is last report on it from her:

"Hello robocod,

We reproduced the previous issue. Below is the description of the bug prepared by our QA:

Problem: Stop/limit value of Market/Entry order is not changed after dragging stop/limit line on chart and click OK with long holding mouse button (about 0.5 second) before release.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run TS, log in.
2. Open EUR/USD m1 chart.
3. Create Market (if Non FIFO user) or Entry order on chart with Stop and Limit orders with 5-7 pips distance from the main price (price of the Market, Entry order).
4. Drag the limit or stop line of the market/entry order from the step 3 to any other value and release.
5. Start to click on OK button and HOLD on the button about 0.5 seconds.
6. Release the mouse button.

Actual result:
Stop/Limit value of the order is not changed.

NOTE: in step 5 during holding the mouse button we can notice that changed value is returning to the initial value.

Expected result:
The Stop/Limit value of the order is changed.

We will include the fix of this bug to the upcoming release. As always, thank you for the feedback. "
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby dtb71fxcm » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:46 am

Valeria wrote:
These features are in the to-do list. Most likely they will be included in the future release.
4) Is there a way to restore previous state of the platform (e.g. has it saved it in some "storage" file)

To restore the state of Trading Station please do the following:
1. Go to C:\Program Files\Candleworks\FXTS2\storage\RestorePoints\Good.
2. Select the latest folder. Or the folder for the date and time of your choice.
3. Open the selected folder and copy all the files.
4. Go to C:\Program Files\Candleworks\FXTS2\storage\sharedmemoryv1.1.
5. Delete all the files from the folder and paste the copied in step 3 files.

That is nice to have a work-around.

When do you anticipate it being in the Trading Station product? Soon?
If not soon, then I'd write my own .bat script to restore the state of Trading Station

Also, is there a list of "Known Issues" ? :o :?: It'd be VERY nice to know what's already identified as an issue so we're (1) aware, and (2) not reporting bugs that are known.

Thanks!
dtb71fxcm

Postby p_maltsev » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Hi robocod,

Our developers have clarified the information about this bug. Unfortunately, we could not fix it in the current release. The bug will be fixed in the upcoming one.
p_maltsev

Postby p_maltsev » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi dtb71fxcm,

At the moment the list of known bugs and proposed changes is not available for public using. We will think how to make it public.
p_maltsev

Postby robocod » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:35 pm

I'd like to report a bug.

There appears to be a problem with the Regression Channel drawing feature. See attached screenshot. I was experimenting with the Raff Regression Channel. It appears that it is not always drawn correctly. The Raff Regression Channel constructs the centre line using linear regression and the upper / lower lines are a fixed offset away from this. The offset is determined from the maximum close price deviation away from the centre line. In practise it means that the channel upper or lower lines must touch at least one bar's close price.

In the screenshot, you can see 2 regression channels. The one on the left is ok. The one on the right is not, nowhere does the close price touch a channel line. I believe the problem/bug is that it appears to be taking the next bar into consideration as well, in fact if you move the regression channel left one bar (so it is 2 bars away from the big bar on its right) then it is ok.

In fact, if you move the regression channel around the chart you will see several such errors and they always occur when there is a big bar 1 bar to the right of the end of the channel!

screenshot.png
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Alexey.Pechurin » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:53 am

Hi, robocod

Thank you for report. We'll investigate the problem in few days. I'll write about results.
Alexey.Pechurin

Postby Alexey.Pechurin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:02 am

Yes, you are right. The bug with incorrect drawing of Regression Channel will be fixed in the next release. Thank you.
Alexey.Pechurin

Postby papynou34 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:32 pm

Hello all,
I have installed the version 01.14.101415. I have some bugs with it.
Do somebody knows if i can reinstall the previous version and where I can find it?
Thanks a lot in advance for the answers.
papynou34
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Julia CJ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:37 am

Hi Papynou34,

Could you please clarify the issue?
It would be great if you provide more information if it is possible.
Julia CJ

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions