StrategyRunningIssue & Commissions Question

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

StrategyRunningIssue & Commissions Question

Postby tnellman » Fri May 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi,

I am currently forward testing & backtesting strategies and I have 2 questions:

1) I was currently running strategies fine. After the last update with FXCM's platform I started getting the following error message:

UPDOUBLER( EUR/USD ) is stopped. 05/18/2016 13:52:04
UPDOUBLER( ) C:/Program Files (x86)/CandleWorks/FXTS2/Strategies/Custom/UpDoubler.lua:-1: nil

When my strategy hits the target and sometimes the reversal point, it just stops the strategy??

I didn't change anything with my code, this just happened after FXCM's last update of the platform, anyone have any guidance?

2) On backtesting: Are commissions figured into the results?? Or is there a way to add code into my strategies to calculate commissions?

Thank you for the help!!

Sincerely,

Tom Nellman
tnellman

Re: StrategyRunningIssue & Commissions Question

Postby Julia CJ » Fri May 27, 2016 5:37 am

Hi Tom,

I didn't change anything with my code, this just happened after FXCM's last update of the platform, anyone have any guidance?

Please send the code of strategy, so we can see the reason of error.

On backtesting: Are commissions figured into the results?? Or is there a way to add code into my strategies to calculate commissions?

The commissions are counted when the positions open or close. Currently, there is not the access to the commission from the code of strategy. We have a plans to add the information about commission at Statics page.
Julia CJ

Return to General Discussions