Heikin Ashi Bug

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Heikin Ashi Bug

Postby JJRP22 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:39 am

Hello, I would be grateful if anyone could help on this one: I have been sending out this email, with no success. If you are unable to help, I would be very grateful if you could point me to someone who could:

I am using up to date FXCM Trading Station on Windows 10. One standard indicator that I like to use is the Heikin-Ashi. This is just the standard one that comes with Trading Station, but it has a problem which makes it unusable to me.

For some reason, it will not continue to keep its 'Hide Source' button ticked. For example, if in Data Source > the Period is set to Default Period and I set it up on a 1 Hour time frame with its 'Hide Source' button ticked, it looks fine, absolutely correct. If I then change it to either a shorter or longer time period, the candlestick graph displayed is a mixture of the Heikin - Ashi and raw data combined, which is way too messy for me. When I look at the HA Properties in this case the Hide Source button has unticked itself. This has gone on for ages, with me just putting up with it. It is the only indicator that does this, of the ones I use.

All I want is for the graph just to show the HA nice and smoothly when I change time periods. I have uninstalled and re-installed Trading Station, check for updates etc, reset the indicator itself. I cannot fix this. I conclude there is a bug in the .lua file. I am quite happy to tweak the lua file on my computer, using Notepad, but I am not a programmer and would need to know exactly what I should change.

Any input gratefully appreciated, and again, pointing in the right direction for a solution would be great.

Thank you.

JJRP22
JJRP22

Re: Heikin Ashi Bug

Postby Apprentice » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Looks fine to me.
If the hide source is off.
You will have your 4 "H1" regular candles,
plus one extra "H4" candle if an H4 higher time frame is used.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby JJRP22 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:35 am

Hello Apprentice, thank you for taking a look. What you have found makes me think it is something I have in my Trading Station, where I change both custom and basic indicators quite frequently. I am now thinking it cannot be a specific issue with the HA lua file, and if I want it solved I need to look at my set up in detail. I don't know how one closes a topic, but this one can be closed. Regards, JJRP22
JJRP22

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:43 am

One thing you can do,
deinstall your TS, and try the clear re-install.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby pacer_ » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:59 pm

I have the same problem. I had written it here on this post :
https://fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13974

No matter what i have done, uninstall / reinstall etc, different computers etc , i could not solve it on the FXCM Trade station.

It's really upsetting, because everyday i have to manually remove / reload the HA to the charts in my layouts to see a clear chart with HA on.

It would be a big step upwards for me and a tremendous time save, if this could be solved.
pacer_

Return to General Discussions