Daily and multiple hours candlesticks

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Daily and multiple hours candlesticks

Postby jsotor » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi,

I've noticed that MT4 and Trading Station candlesticks are not the same in Daily charts, and in multiple hour charts. (H4)

In fact, i noticed it because i became curious about a bug in today's D1 candle.

Cursor Data shows that yesterday's close in XAU/USD is 1715,30 and today's open price is 1745,41. Also it states that yesterday's close in EUR/USD is 1,33145 and today's open price is 1,35040

So, it is obviuos that the open price for today is wrong, and the candle shows a gap.

I went to MT4 and i found there is no gap, (so it's data is ok) and also, that it shows different candlesticks for H4 and for every TF above H4. D1, W1, M1...

It is simple because MT4' candlestick are based in days beginning at 00:00GMT.

It would be great if MarketScope gives us the ability to select the time of the day from which we want to start our day

Then, each candle based in multiple hours and days may suit our preferences.

Also, Strategy Trader lets us build candles in whatever timeframe we want: 2 minutes, 5 hours, 30 seconds, etc.

I can't use Strategy Trader because i have a hedging account.

So, i'm requesting these two things:

1. User defined Begining of the day time, and candlesticks .
2. Customizable TimeFrames / Intervals.

Actually, i have a third request: the implementation of nested TF candlesticks.

Let's say i'm watching at m1 chart, 6 Hours Data Range.

I want to see, in the same chart, how each 5m and 15m candlestick is formed from m1 candles.

Or in a m15 chart, i want to see how each H1 and H4 candle is formed, grouping m15 candles.

So it is just an overlapping of Candles. Outlined candles and watermark candles can be used for the two extra TFs.

In other words: 3 layers of candles.

Thanks in advance... and sorry for the overloaded request.
jsotor

Return to General Discussions