FXCM TSII Version 01.11.111711 StorageDB problem

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

FXCM TSII Version 01.11.111711 StorageDB problem

Postby dmancyu » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:38 am

I just need some help on the new updated TSII... due to TSII crashes I experienced after the update when testing strategies using storagedb, I deleted my installed TSII, downloaded the new setup and run a complete install.

After reloading my indicator and strategy, and running at Backtester, I got an error saying storagedb module does not exist in FXTS2 folder. I tried to workaround the problem by copying the SDK storagedb.dll file back into FXTS2 folder. Backtester ran the strategy but crashed after a while... it looks to me that Backtester crashed when trying to run the storagedb functions in the strategy...

I completely remove TSII, re-download the setup from FXCM and reinstall the program... same problem appear. Is there anyone experience similar problem? Any information would be much appreciated... thanks in advance...
dmancyu

Re: FXCM TSII Version 01.11.111711 StorageDB problem

Postby dmancyu » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. My problem is mainly caused by the setup program of the new TSII because storagedb.dll apparently wasn't installed after completion of the setup... all my strategies and indicators work on other machines running TSII.

To recreate the problem:
1. Remove existing version of TSII completely from the PC.
2. Download the latest setup of TSII from FXCM.
3. Install TSII with the new setup.
4. Try to run a strategy which use storagedb. Error should occur saying storagedb is missing from TSII folder.
dmancyu

Postby sunshine » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:46 pm

This is an issue in the installation package 01.11.111711.
The development team has fixed it. The fix will be submitted in the next update of the platform.
For now you can use the following workaround:
1. Save the attached archive to any folder on your computer
2. Unpack the archive
3. Copy the storagedb.dll library to the folder with FX Trading Station. By default:
C:\Program Files\Candleworks\FXTS2
4. Restart FX Trading Station.
I hope this will help.
Attachments
storagedb.zip
(6.24 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
sunshine

Postby dmancyu » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:50 am

Thank you for your reply. I actually saw the same thing in dailyfx... the patch is working. I checked the dll build date, I guess it is a new version of storagedb.dll...
dmancyu

Return to General Discussions