Parabolic Sar Strategy

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Parabolic Sar Strategy

Postby thejesters1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:00 am

Just like the title suggests, a parabolic sar strategy request with the parameters below:

1. I want the strategy to start at the next session , when the parabolic switches from up to down (or either way). Not in every timeframe, like every hour in 1 hour timeframe.

2. The choice to only go short or long, and ofcourse both.

3. Trailing stoploss parameter with either dynamic or fixed (adjustable rate to trail the stoploss).

Hope its not much. Thanks.
thejesters1

Re: Parabolic Sar Strategy

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:00 am

Your request is added to the developmental cue.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Tick Sar Strategy

Postby josh2011 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Hello Apprentice,

Happy new year!
Really appreciate what you have done for me in the past.
Please can you find time to ugrade the TICK SAR strategy to be able to:

1. Open a trade immediately SAR issues a reversal (e.g when the trend is up and issuing green dots, as soon as it issues a red dot indicating a reversal, a trade is immediately opened AT THE OPEN PRICE of that new candle and close the trade immediately that candle closes). Note: this option (closure of trade at the same candle close should be made optional so that a user can choose to "enable" or "disable" this parameter)
2. If SAR issues reversal signal (e.g. red)and opens a trade, and sadly the reversal signal changes back to its orginal trending color (e.g. green) due to volatility, the trade is still kept open until the candle close for a (profit/loss) and subsequently waits for another reversal signal to trigger another trade.
3. Mid-candle trailing stop: this trailing stop method moves a profitable trade right to the middle of the candle after that candle has completed and subsequently trails to the middle of subsequent closed candles in the direction of the profitable trade. NOTE: if this parameter is enabled, then the option of closing trades immediately after the SAR reversal candle-closure will disable.

See Chart for more illustration.

I trust you won't fail me on this one.

Kindest regards,

Joshua
Attachments
TICK SAR strategy upgrade.png
josh2011

Postby thejesters1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 am

Great suggestion Josh, I would also love to have the trailing stoploss josh mention.

Cant wait for it.
thejesters1

Postby thejesters1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:49 am

any update on this?
thejesters1

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:50 pm

Please try this strategy:
Parabol_SAR_Str.lua
(14.94 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Alexander.Gettinger