CCI Signal parameter change

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Re: CCI Signal parameter change

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:50 am

I discussed. In the current production version the underlying histories for the signals can be changed with new tick after the signal received notification about the new offer. So, when there is no much tick for the instrument, the signal could be late for a minute.

The second thing they pointed to me is the time synchronization. Often the user computers has the time which is not synchronized with one of the globals time servers, so the server time (which is synchronized) and the local client time can differ for a number of minutes. For example, even if the client is in EST (the server) time zone, the client clock shows 11:02 when the correct time is 11:00. It is not easy to catch looking at the candles, but easy to see when the signal time (shown in the server time) differs from the local time.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Bob Bodrey » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:22 pm

I understand. My computer is correctly timed. A minute or two I can see, but why is the signal 15 minutes behind? At first it was right on the money, but now it is lagging an entire 15m candle. For instance last night on the GBP/USD On the 00:00 15m bar cci was above 200, as well as the 00:15 bar was above 200, and I recieved 2 signals at 00:30! Should have been 1 at 00:15 and one at 00:30, but the 00:15 signaled at 00:30 as per the signal event log. BTW I am PST, and have the signal set at 200/-200. The first was a 15m lag, and the second was timed right. Any clue on that?
Bob Bodrey

Postby Bob Bodrey » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:06 pm

Another lagging signal at 12:00 PST. 11:30 bar should have been signaled at 11:45, but didn't signal until noon PST. The event log shows 11:45, but it shows the closing price of the 11:45 bar! FYI. Hope this info gets us closer to a solution. TY
Bob Bodrey

Postby Bob Bodrey » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:01 pm

By the way. Another nuance to the late signal. I use the signal on both the GBP/USD and the GBP/JPY. Both on the 15m chart. The GBP/JPY signals on time, but the GBP/USD is always 15 minutes late. Any clue?
Bob Bodrey

Previous

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests